ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime thoughts vs. UVA

KStone22

All State
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
-Not challenging the Jackson INT was wild, hoping to get an answer postgame. Ultimately scored that drive, but still.

-It's like the staff got sick of answering certain questions from us this week and answered them all in the 1st quarter. Morales involved. McGowan involved. Better play calling (have a day Will Lawing). Crouch showing the LB's can cover after all.

-Need to see more McGowan. Mind boggling they can't find a way to use his speed more.

-TC's start is why they made him sit in the pocket more during camp instead of just taking off. Looks real comfortable and delivered quickly and accurately.

-Pass is elite for the most part. Ezeiruaku was relentless those first two possessions.

-Feels like they're still getting away from the run a little too much. Obviously when TC is dealing like that you ride it, but I wouldn't mind a few more handoffs to Turbo or Ward to slow things down even more.

-That's just a tough judgement call on the Johnson ejection. Got mostly shoulder, but also a little face mask and clearly lowered his head. If it wasn't called I don't think it's even reviewed, but it was and it did.

-That's 2 straight weeks giving up long, chip-away drives at the end of the half. This one is way worse than the WK field goal drive at the end of the half last week because UVA had to start at its own three. Hoos got bailed out with the one second thing after such a dumb play call and terrible execution with 9 seconds left, but that's just bad by the defense.

-Overall it's hard not to like what we've seen so far. I stand by my take in the preview that UVA isn't nearly as talented as BC. Couple more TD's and a stop or 2 and this game is over. Can't let them get much at the start of the third though. Homecoming momentum - regardless of talent - could be a real thing.

Reactions: Tombs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.