ADVERTISEMENT

DAILY RUNDOWN: 4/20

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
This may be updated daily at times or maybe more infrequently at other times. But this thread should give you a general idea of what has happened in the previous 24-hour news cycle as it relates to BC football recruiting. It's not an exhaustive source of information, but it should catch you up to speed and give you some insight. Continue to read our daily interview-based stories, The Rundown bigger wrap up pieces, and other threads here on the board.

April 20, 2015

Linebacker Noah Burks reacts to BC's offer and tells of his plan to visit the Heights in a story on the front page today.

QB Anthony Brown lists favorites: BC, Northwestern, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Temple.

Does seem that BC's making up ground with Rivals250 linebacker Koby Quansah. Big season would help, depending on how long he really decides to wait. Duke's out front.

Malik Barrow and Zechariah McPhearson committed to Ohio State and Penn State, respectively.

Rivals Camp Series: New Jersey -- What we learned. Scooter Harrington gets some praise for his ability to catch the ball and his athleticism for someone of his size. Fellow BC targets K.J. Gray, Tarik Black, Yeedee Thaenrat and C.J. Holmes also get mentions.

April 17, 2015

Here's our story on 6-foot-3 cornerback Henry Miller, who was recently offered. He's talking about forming a top ten soon so he doesn't seem to be close to a decision. Todd Fitch has talked to him a lot.

Here's a rundown of the last several offers BC has sent out dating back over the past week.

We did talk to Noah Burks, the Carmel, Ind., 'backer, and he's anxious to visit BC.

April 15, 2015

If you check the front page then recently you've seen updates on recent visitors like Justin Morgan and Elias Reynolds from Poly Prep, Tanner Karafa and his offseason improvements and stellar senior play, and possible visitor Myles Dorn, plus much more.

It was noted here on the board that Georgia offensive lineman Robert Kraeling has committed to Duke. The Blue Devils and Eagles have gone head to head for some kids with mixed success recently. Duke's offering an appealing sell to kids up and down the east coast and beyond. Fortunately for BC most of their damage has taken place in Virginia of late.

Read what Koby Quansah has to say about Syracuse from the Orange site here on Rivals.

Linebacker Noah Burks says BC could be the next school to offer and the three-star said he's definitely interested in the Eagles.

April 13, 2015

We will have several stories coming on visitors from the weekend. First up this morning is the Q&A posted late last night on Jordan Mack, the four-star safety from Georgia who spent a couple of evenings at the Heights. Sounds like BC and Georgia Tech are in pretty good shape early. The visit was important to the Eagles' chances.

Elias Reynolds of New York also visited and I'll have something on the linebacker soon. Here's a story on Reynolds from the Rutgers' site from the weekend.

April 10, 2015

We've got a story on the front page today featuring Lucas Niang with a focus on his recap of his trip to the Heights on Wednesday. I think it's clear BC is in the mix but I thought it was really tough to decipher what he thinks. Not sure how much of a priority he is for PSU. Sounds like he hasn't really fallen in love too much with any one school.

Yesterday we had a story on Emmanuel Rugamba and as I've said I think there's a good chance he ends up at BC, at least based on where things stand today.

Blake Gallagher added an offer from Duke not long ago. I did a write up for the Duke site.

In the Mid-Atlantic roundup you can read here, analyst Adam Friedman writes extensively about Danny Dalton, since he's a very popular topic of conversation around here.

Three-star Ohio defensive back Austin Andrews has a top seven and BC made the cut. Read about all that here.

Texas linebacker Paddy Fisher has a BC offer and a recent trip to Northwestern seems to have changed his thinking a little bit.

Finally, four-star tight end Luke Farrell visited Penn State a day after checking out BC. Here's what he had to say about the Lions.

April 8, 2015

Four-star tight end Luke Farrell visited yesterday and there's a brief recap with quotes up on the front page now. The feel at the Heights is he will end up at OSU or Penn State.

Hearing that Mark Gooden visited yesterday as well. He's a 6-foot-1, 220-pound athlete from Reynoldsburg, Ohio, who has an offer from BC.

As posted elsewhere on the board, 6-foot-6, 295-pound tackle Lucas Niang from New Canaan, Conn., visits today. Big-time offensive lineman that is probably someone the Eagles like a lot.

Story up on Jeff Smith's recent visit. Enjoyed seeing the offense and noted, as others have, that the implementation of more passing is one thing that really stood out from the two practices he saw.

April 7, 2015

To my knowledge four-star tight end Luke Farrell still plans to visit Boston College today and, to my recollection, Penn State tomorrow.

Story up on Chris Taylor-Yamanoha, a three-star receiver from California that BC offered yesterday.

Phil Campbell and Emmanuel Rugamba also picked up BC offers yesterday. Will have more on them in another piece.

BC's coaches were out of the office over the weekend. Did not have any visitors.

April 6, 2015

We've got rundowns on Michael Eletise and Craig Watts, the two latest offer recipients. Hawaii's top-ranked prospect and a four-star OG (Eletise) and a four-star Florida DB -- about as different as you can get.

Four-star TE Luke Farrell could only briefly exchange messages but here's a quick preview of his Tuesday trip to BC. Will need to blow him away as the Buckeyes lead.

Sounds like Rutgers has made a strong impression on Rashawn Battle, who recently added an offer from the Eagles.

Will have a story up today on '15 signee Mehdi El Attrach, who says BC's offseason workout program has him up to 195 from 180 at the end of his season.

April 2, 2015

Here's a brief write up on Anthony Brown, the dual-threat recently offered by BC. He attended a showcase over the weekend and impressed. At that link there's some good info on some lesser-known players in New Jersey and elsewhere so that could be of interest to some of you.

Athlete Jay Rose visited Pitt over the weekend. He's obviously been a big target for the Eagles.

March 31, 2015

Good story/quotes from four-star OT Sean Foster on the front page this morning. He knows Anthony Castonzo and his family frequents Castonzo's restaurant. They've spoken about BC and Foster says there's real interest. BC has been in contact for quite some time.

I also started another thread about Danny Dalton's decommitment, which should really be termed more a "parting of ways" given what I know and have said. Better fit elsewhere for both parties.

Dalton's decommitment opens up even more of a 'need'/'want' for Jay Rose (who can play multiple positions) and Ray Marten. Not as difficult to "slot" those guys as ATH/TE/DE as there may well be room for another TE/H-Back/Y, etc., with Dalton no longer on board.

Still hearing very good things about BC's chances with Anthony Brown. My guess is he's the QB of the class for the Eagles, barring something unforeseen. Fitch likes him.

BC has offered California safety Chacho Ulloa. He's a fast-rising prospect that's on a roll lately with offers and interest. May visit but probably going to be tough to land him. Some of the West's heavy hitters are involved.

March 27, 2015

Lots of content again on the front page with a post visit recap from Ibn Foster and an update on yet another St. Peter's Prep receiver on BC's radar.

Will try to get some more info on visitors today.

I spoke with Koby Quansah about his UNC offer. He apparently visited several schools -- UNC, Duke, Maryland and FAU. He went with a friend to a spring baseball thing down south and that friend's dad happily obliged and took Quansah on a tour of some schools. The impression I got was that Duke stood out the most. Duke could be among BC's top competition for the four-star linebacker.

Quansah told me he was targeting a trip to BC on Friday or Sunday. I think UConn's Saturday. He was not 100-percent sure on the BC trip.

March 26, 2015

Here's a Ten Things piece breaking down lots of angles in the world of BC recruiting.

The above should pretty well address anything significant that's happened in the last little while.

New Jersey RB Tyler Thompson is claiming a BC offer but that doesn't seem to be one of the schools he's planning to visit over the next few weeks.

We've also got stories up on the front page on K.J. Gray, a '16 receiver from St. Peter's with a BC offer, and C.J. Holmes, a top '17 BC target from Connecticut.

Mark Gilbert, a defensive back from N.C., says NC State and Boston College are talking to him about the possibility of playing two sports.

March 24, 2015

This morning we've got stories on elite 2017 prospects Isaiah Wright and Blake Gallagher. You'll want to read those. BC is one of just two schools Wright has been to. Gallagher's now hearing from Michigan and USC but BC's holding steady.

We also have a scouting report on new commit Brandon Barlow. All up on the front page.

In-state offensive lineman Eddy Fish visited BC last week. Here he recaps Rutgers.

March 23, 2015

Going to have plenty about weekend visitors so will not post that info here. Stay on the board and front page for all of that today and throughout the week.

Getting tougher to land RB Malik Staples as offers are coming in from all over the place now.

March 20, 2015

Bryce Morais, Peyton Ramsey, Isaiah Wright and Ray Marten visiting today. All have offers. Wright's second trip in a short time so something to watch. They'll spend a lot of time with the players and go out with them. I know at least Morais stay overnight.

Saturday is a big visit day too. Detailed that yesterday on the board as well.

There's a story up on the front page with a quick quote from Morais previewing his trip. There's also a story with quotes from Ibn Foster previewing his visit on Saturday.

UConn is recruiting Massachusetts offensive lineman Peter Fallon and apparently he visited BC recently. Haven't heard much about him.

March 19, 2015

Stories on Zach Allen and Lukas Denis up on the front page today. Trip reviews, catching up on how their offseason workouts are going, etc. Hope you enjoy those. They're good interviewees.

UCF legacy Josh Keeler picked up an offer from the Knights recently and because of his family history that was obviously huge. But we can say, at the very least, that he will be visiting BC. The Eagles have not yet offered but apparently they're interested.

Ibn Foster visits BC on Saturday. The Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph's defensive tackle was once teammates with Sherman Alston and Augie Hoffman is a freshman football coach at the school.

Donaven Tennyson is a Virginia receiver with a BC offer and Pitt just offered as well. His stock is definitely rising. I spoke with Kiel Pollard, a receiver (6-foot-1, 225 pounds) from Georgia, and he's got a BC offer too but didn't mention plans to visit.

Maryland seems to be on the rise with Joseph Goff, BTW.

March 18, 2015

Toks Akinribade is a fast running back that BC has recruited. Here's the latest including his plans to visit MSU.

You had heard about Robert and Aapri Washington. They've got a teammate at their N.C. school, Will Eason, and BC has been on him, too. Here's Eason talking about Syracuse, one of Washington's finalists and a school recruiting him, too.

From UGASports.com here's a breakdown of offensive lineman Robert Kraeling and where things stand with him. You saw yesterday that BC is one of his top schools.

Also, Illinois defensive tackle Mike Panasiuk thinks BC could be one of the next schools to offer.

March 17, 2015

Anselem Umeh is a corner from California with a BC offer. He visits Washington next month. Told me this week that he's still in talks with BC. Not sure how high on the priority board he is.

Robert Kraeling is a pretty big-time offensive lineman from the South and here on the Rivals.com network it was reported yesterday that BC is one of his top six schools. That's significant.

I know BC has offered Texas receiver Kofi Boateng but I've talked to him a couple of times recently and not sure how serious things are between the two parties.

I believe Pennsylvania defensive lineman Aaron Seigle is visiting today (?) - will check in with him to make sure today's the right day.

March 15, 2015

Posted some notes on Columbus (Ohio) corner Austin Andrews, who is the recipient of BC's latest offer. You can find that on the front page.

Also a front pager this morning is Joseph Goff's visit recap. Interesting situation. Steve Addazio was very up front with him about the likelihood of the class filling up by late June and said he may need to commit soon. Goff isn't sure he wants to do that, so we're in wait-and-see mode.

I can confirm that Jordan Gowins, Zach Allen, Anthony Palazzolo, Jeff Smith and Lukas Denis did visit on Saturday.

Nothing ground shaking here but everybody I'm talking to, recruits, etc., expect 1) Darius Wade to be the starter, 2) The offense under Fitch to place a little more of a premium on passing.

Anthony Palazzolo told me he was impressed to see how much weight Chris Lindstrom has gained -- up to 265.

Recently Ohio athlete Tony Butler visited Syracuse. BC offered a little while ago, just a few days back, so you would think that would be a trip he'd be willing to make.

March 13, 2015

Three-star linebacker Elias Reynolds is reportedly hearing from BC, among others.

Stories up on the front page on Mackenzie Nworah, an offensive guard from Texas that Coleman Hutzler recently offered, as well as a Ben Albert recruit in Philly --- Benny Walls.

Tomorrow's a big day for signees visiting, as we've reported. Good time for Jeff Smith to talk to the coaches and try to keep pace with the other quarterbacks.

March 12, 2015

Check the board for the latest on BC's three most recent offers.

One of those offers went to Jovan Swann and you can read our update with quotes here. His brother plays for IU.

Jay Rose was reported to have visited BC yesterday. He was not available to talk when I spoke to him yesterday but he said he would call me today. Should have more soon. BC sees him as an ATH/QB. Put up good numbers last year and lots of schools are paying attention now.

Four-star DE Malik Barrow visited twice in a week earlier this year but Ohio State now leads, followed by Penn State and Michigan State.

March 11, 2015

Stefon Woodruff talks about his unofficial visit to BC with his mother here.

Change of plans: Koby Quansah didn't visit, but he's rescheduled already.

Seth Dawkins is an Ohio prospect we've reported on before. Apparently he's a Louisville legacy recruit. More on that here.

I did a story on Pete Leota's trip to UNC and you can read that here. He now favors UNC first and then Virginia Tech. Not a big thing for BC with limited numbers.

Tony Butler, a really good athlete from Lakewood (Ohio) St. Edward, talks about his BC offer with Josh Helmholdt.

March 10, 2015

Front page stories on Zach Allen and Jeff Smith that you'll find very interesting, touching on a lot of things.

Allen, Smith, Lukas Denis, Anthony Palazzolo and Jordan Gowins are all planning to attend practice on Saturday. Not an easy trip for Smith.

Koby Quansah and Stefon Woodruff visiting today. Not sure about others, trying to find out.

Here's film of 2016 QB offer Matt Fink. Long shot but he has an offer.

March 9, 2015

Story up this morning on Jared Goff, who will visit on Thursday.

I also spoke with Stefon Woodruff, Delaware's top-ranked prospect who will visit tomorrow, just as Koby Quansah still plans to. I'll have a preview story on Woodruff's trip, too. He camped last year.

Maryland and Rutgers lead for BC target Marcus Simms.

I know BC has offered N.C. receiver Diondre Overton but when I spoke with him this weekend I got the distinct impression that Clemson and Tennessee lead.

March 7, 2015

Carlin Fils-Aime plans to fly up to see BC with his mother, as someone posted below in this thread. BC is one of his top choices.

This doesn't mention BC but the Eagles have offered Houston Miller and it gives some background info on him you might find interesting.

Boston College is one of the schools showing interest in a two-way lineman from Illinois.

UNC has a major junior day today with their basketball game against Duke coinciding. Not too much major as it relates to BC, but targets Christian Colon, Mark Gilbert and Pete Leota will be there.

March 6, 2015

We've got a story on the front page today about Steven Frank. Interesting that BC is watching a pro-style. Not just a pro-style, but a pro-style who broke his leg last year.

BC running back target Malik Staples from down in the Peach State visited UGA earlier this week. They have not offered. Staples has a really good relationship with assistant coach Al Washington. Needs to visit, though.

Koby Quansah's still on track to visit on March 10.

Stefon Woodruff is the No. 1 prospect in Delaware and he's visiting BC on March 10 as well. Profile here.

March 4, 2015

Some of you are right about the McPhearson offers. Penn State has not offered. So has Alabama and so has Pitt. Here's our EA exclusive update on McPhearson from this week. It's a big year for legacies if you're a BC fan. Have to hope it pays off but need to get McPhearson on campus ASAP.

Here's another take on McPhearson's big Tuesday.

Some really good quotes from Jacob Morgenstern that have to make you feel good if you're a BC fan.

I spoke with a source with knowledge of Alabama recruiting and he said that the Tide's offer to Danny Dalton is probably a soft verbal and more of a, "We will probably take you if you camp," kind of offer. They may not have said that but that's how the coaches there feel, supposedly.

No reason to believe Dalton won't stick with BC. At best, right now, it's awesome validation for this kid and BC's staff if you need that. At worst, just have to wait and see if he visits or camps. I don't see a whole lot of good for BC that can come out of him camping there.

March 3, 2015

On the front page today we've got stories on Bryce Morais and Tymir Oliver, who are defensive linemen from Georgia and Pennsylvania, respectively. Both have offers and both plan to visit in March.

According to UConnReport.com, BC is one of the schools showing interest in Connecticut athlete Tajik Bagley.

If you missed this from a couple of days back, BC legacy Zechariah McPhearson says Ohio State leads. However, they have not offered and BC has. He says BC is another standout along with Wisconsin and Wake Forest. He seems put off by PSU's decision not to offer when he visited recently.

March 2, 2015

Per the Pitt site, Panther-lair.com, BC is one of the schools showing interest in Jo-El Shaw.

Koby Quansah previews his March 10 visit to BC for us.

Don't know the level of interest but hearing BC is taking a look at Sal Mauro of Bergen Catholic, in case any of you are familiar with him.

March 1, 2015

Penn State's junior day is in the books and nothing to really worry about.

Quarterback/athlete Anthony Brown from New Jersey has not been offered. Defensive tackle Christian Colon has been, but BC needs to get him on campus this spring (for a practice) before they start counting themselves as a finalist there, anyways. There were some other players that we mentioned but no significant BC targets came off the board yesterday while in Happy Valley.

Carlin Fils-Aime is a RB/ATH that BC likes a lot, and he likes BC too. He was at Miami yesterday and "the U" wanted him to commit, he said. He did not. He's coming off an injury. BC has stuck by him and that good faith may pay off.

Georgia DT Chris Martin (profile here) spoke with me yesterday. He recently added an offer from Kentucky. Boston College is very high on his list. Al Washington's done a great job recruiting him. His teammate is defensive end Bryce Morais, who was offered by BC recently. Morais plans to visit this month. Martin seemed less sure of when he would visit but is adamant that he will.

February 27, 2015

I spoke with recent offer recipient Levi Onwuzurike of Texas and he's open to taking a visit down the road. Distance isn't a factor. Coleman Hutzler has had limited contact with him. No. 21 WDE in the nation. Nothing significant to report with most of his visits being to local schools thus far.

Penn State's hosting a big junior day this weekend. Lots of the East's top prospects will be there. Some of the overlap as it relates to BC recruiting would be QB/ATH Anthony Brown, DT Christian Colon, DB and BC legacy Zechariah McPhearson, QB/ATH Jay Rose who just visited, LB Keith Simms, DE Rashad Wheeler and WR Marcus Simms who we reported on this week.

Looks like QB offer Brandon Peters is probably leaning in other directions.

Boston College's research into N.C. talent continues and there's a sophomore receiver from the state on the staff's radar.

February 26, 2015

Notre Dame has offered San Marcos (Calif.) ATH/DB Troy Warner. Previously BC had been one of his two offers.

We profiled fast-rising Maryland receiver Marcus Simms yesterday. BC is one of five Power Five offers in quick succession for him. You can read other stories on him as from the vantage point of West Virginia.

In our story on Sean McKeon today he reemphasizes that Don Brown likes him as a defensive end, so the recent tight end additions shouldn't hurt his chances at an offer.
This post was edited on 4/20 9:46 AM by JRowland

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News