ADVERTISEMENT

What's your grade for Bates thru 2.75 years ?

Burke79

All State
Jul 2, 2001
Chicago
http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15440

by commavegarage on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Breaking it down by sport:

Basketball:

No brainer firing of an awful coach. Replacement coach, TBD. Certainly doesn't look to be an "A" hire though. Verdict still out. Attendance at high school levels still.

Hockey:

Nothing. Let's keep it that way.

Which brings me to football...

1. Coaching: Hired Addazio, who has gone 14-12, 2 1-AA wins, 2 awful bowl losses. Obviously these next two years are gonna define his time here.
2. Scheduling: Absolute disaster. Last second fill-ins, 2 1-AA teams this year, no desirable OOC games scheduled. Still have considerable gaps down the road.
3. In stadium improvements: Solid. New video boards are nice, i thought he installed the brick around the field but could be wrong. Seems like there are decent new food options.
4. Gameday experience: Very poor. I've seen zero improvement on the tailgating situation, no additional time added, and obviously the nazification of shea field.

I give him a generous "C". Hockey hopefully he'll never touch, which leaves basketball and football. Christian has by no means impressed me (though I'll give him a few seasons), and Bates has done nothing (or has produced no results) on doing anything to improve the atmosphere, get more students to go, and get more people in general to games. On the football side, tailgating has gotten anywhere from the same to much worse, the schedule situation is awful, and we've gotten two mediocre season of football.

I'm curious because I get the sense that people think of him the way most think of Adaziani, they were so worn down by Spaz (and Gene) that anything seemed better.

As we get close to the end of his third year, I count very few pluses, a lot of neutrals, and some negatives on his report card.

Was looking at his bio to see how long he's been here, I think Greenarthur needs to add a
laugh.gif
s: to this

"Bates has instituted sweeping changes in football gameday parking, pregame hospitality, game atmosphere and customer service. The changes were based on feedback from current and former season ticketholders who attended "town hall" style meetings and more than 1,400 responses to a follow-up survey."

---------------------------------------

Also - this was the email I got about my shea spot.....

Thank you for your patience during this year as we have reviewed the Shea Field policies and procedures. The aim all along has been to maintain a family friendly atmosphere with the safety and enjoyment of our guests who hold Shea passes being paramount.

The following summarizes some of the broad changes associated with Shea Field in 2015. Please note that upon choosing Shea Field for the season your Parking Statement of Agreement will outline in greater detail some of the intimate details and operational aspects of this plan.

Shea Field will transition to a reserved parking area. Pass holders will receive an assigned numbered parking spot. This replaces the first-come, first-served policy of previous years. This also relieves the burden of meeting up with friends outside of campus to park near each other as we can assign spaces per your request.
Pass holders will receive 20 Shea Field tickets to distribute to their guests to gain access to Shea. The implementation of ticketed access guarantees that guests of pass holders will always gain entry, as walk-ons who do not have a ticket will not be permitted to access Shea Field.
The anticipated Flynn Fund contribution for Shea Field will be $5,000, and $2,500 for GOLD. Parking is assigned first-come; first serve at the GOLD rate once the full donation is made. Should demand exceed supply we will contact you with alternate parking options.
Gold alumni may pool gifts from up to a maximum of 20 individuals to qualify for Shea Field Parking.

Donors who make a qualifying gift and select Shea Field for the 2015 season will have the opportunity to provide their parking preferences to the Flynn Fund to assist in the allocation process. You will receive separate correspondence via mail from our office that will include information about the parking allocations process and how to provide our office with your parking preferences for next year.

We recognize the release of these policies comes at the end of our fiscal year and understand that many people chose to wait for final policies to be released for Shea Field prior to making their gift to the Flynn Fund. Our office is committed to assisting you with your football parking needs and will work to process gifts following the May 31st deadline. Should you wish to make the qualifying gift for Shea Field parking, please contact the Flynn Fund office at (617) 552-0772. Gifts can also be made online by using the link: www.bc.edu/giving/athletics. Regardless, a staff representative will be personally reaching out to you to ensure your personal situation is addressed.

Thank you again for your patience. Please know we are still working on alternative entertainment and game experience activities. We truly appreciate your ongoing commitment to Boston College Athletics in support of our student-athletes.

Sincerely,
Bryan

--
Bryan Amos
Assistant Director, Flynn Fund
Boston College Athletics
Conte Forum 320
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Office: (617) 552-0145
Fax: (617) 552-8039
www.bceagles.com
www.bc.edu/athleticsgiving
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
pos.gif
pos.gif
pos.gif
pos.gif
pos.gif
pos.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards