ADVERTISEMENT

What's the status of Denzel Blackwell's commitment?

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
What's the status of Denzel Blackwell's commitment to BC?
rcuvu7zdw30wbqoycp5x

Justin Rowland • EagleAction

When

Denzel Blackwell
committed to Boston College back in July he thought he would be playing for a coaching staff headed by Steve Addazio.

Now that this is no longer the case, the 5-foot-10, 165-pound cornerback from Houston (Tex.) Strake Jesuit is thinking again about his future.

He has remained committed to Boston College to this point and the remaining coaches at the Heights are working to keep things that way.

Blackwell shared his reaction to the Addazio news and updated his status with BC when Eagle Action caught up with him this week.

"It's crazy," Blackwell told Eagle Action, referring to Addazio's firing.

"I know that coaches move very frequently, especially in college, but I am still committed to Boston College at this moment. But this surely has made me and my family take certain things into account."

Without elaborating more on that point, Blackwell did say that coaches from Houston and Houston Baptist have reached out since BC's coaching shake up.

The three-star prospect (5.5 Rivals Rating), also ranked the No. 129 player in Texas, had offers from Baylor and Temple when he committed to BC towards the end of the summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News