ADVERTISEMENT

What Did Louisville’s Scott Satterfield Say About BC?

andy_backstrom

All State
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2020

What Did Louisville’s Scott Satterfield Say About BC?​

Andy Backstrom (@andybackstrom)
Staff Writer

Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield met with the media Monday and provided his overview of Boston College, speaking about the Eagles’ offense and defense.

He went in depth about BC quarterback Dennis Grosel, who saw his first extended time under center at Cardinal Stadium in 2019 before coming in for an injured Phil Jurkovec last year and fending off Louisville on Senior Day.

Satterfield is 1-1 against BC in his Louisville career.

INTRO

(Satterfield on BC’s offense)

“I watched that game live Saturday night. Good football game. N.C. State. Two good teams. Actually, our next two opponents: BC and N.C. State. I think Coach Hafley’s done a really good job there. Him and his staff. His kids play hard at BC.”

“They know what they want to do. They’re a running football team. They want to establish that. The running back, several backs, they do a great job running the football. They lost their starting quarterback early in the season, and now the next one up—he’s played a lot. Matter of fact, played against us last year and had a good game against us. Shoot, he can do a little bit of both. He can run, he can throw. But they want to be balanced. I think they are trying to run the ball more now. And then take shots. Zay Flowers is a big-play threat guy. Man, he’s a good receiver outside. They want to take shots with him, for sure. He can run. You can double him, and he’ll still run by you. So you better be on point when you try to cover him.”

(Satterfield on BC’s defense)

“Very solid defense. Keep everything in front of them. They’re a big one-high [safety] team. They’re playing a lot of man this year. Throw the Clemson game on, and they manned them up about the whole game. Their D-Line gets after it. They play hard. A couple transfers that came in are making plays for them on defense. I think their defense is giving up about 329 [yards] a game. So a very solid defense.”

“They make you make plays. They’re not giving you anything. And I think that’s the mark of a good defense. They’re 4-2 coming in here. We know we’re going to get a good football team that’s coming in.”

Q: Boston College, and really your next couple games, are totally different types of games than you’ve played this year. How do you change your approach going into a set of games like this?

A: “It’s different dynamics of football teams. And I think that’s why it’s different from one week to the next because it’s matchups. It’s how this team matches up with another team, and Boston College is a completely different team than, say, a Virginia team, who’s gonna throw the ball 60 times. And [BC] does a great job with that. They’re going to try to line up. They’ve got a really good offensive line. They’re going to try to make you like it and run the football right down your throat. So you better have a plan for that.”

Q: You mention Grosel, obviously played against you guys last year. Played a little bit in 2019 as well, toward the end of the game. Just what have you seen from him this year that may be different from—maybe just his growth over the last couple years?

A: “I don’t think there’s anything different. I think he’s a good football player. Like last year, I think he was 14-for-18 throwing against us at BC. And I think he’s a feisty player. He’s a winner. He does everything pretty good. Nothing bad.”

“You think he doesn’t run as well, but, shoot, he gets out, and he can go get some yards running the football. And then, well ok maybe he’s more of a runner than a passer, well then he sits there and makes those throws, too. I think he’s a good football player. I think what they want to do offensively, he fits perfectly for what they want to do. Run the football, take care of the ball, keep pressure on the defense and then take those shots. And I think he does a good job with that.”

“I thought he was very good last year when he went into that game, and he proved to be. I think it all starts with them running the ball. So you gotta find a way to make it hard on them running the football, and then that plays into more our hands.”

Reactions: cape ann eagle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News