ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Chris Herren, Jr.

Bantameagle

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
What a story. Chris Herren, JR. chooses BC after what his dad experience. Honestly, it gives me goose bumps. While Chris Herren the former crashed and burned famously at BC. Chris Herren, Jr. choses to embrace the challenge of basketball and academics there. I wish this young man every success.

Reading between the lines, he transferred to Tabor to work on his academics and prepare himself for college. After being recruited by Division One Colleges, he suffers a season ending injury that ended his high school and all of his club season. After all that, he chose on his own to go to BC on an academic and need based scholarship and rewrite his family's history. This is a special young man.

Based on what I have read, BC will give him a basketball scholarship starting in 2019-2020. My sense is that this will not be a wasted scholarship. The kid has God given talent and also appears to have excellent character. I would bet if he can put on a little weight and come back from his injury, he will contribute either as a starter or key substitute within a year's time.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/chris-h...ies-to-join-boston-college-basketball-in-2018

I have looked through Youtube and the recruiting sites and I could not find any AAU videos. The best I could find was a review of his sophomore year in Durfee High school and his first year at Tabor early season highlights. Because the competition he played against in these videos played very little defense, it is hard to say how Herren will fair against ACC competition from these videos. There were other videos of high school games and a brief on of his being in attendance at Curry's point guard camp as well but these didn't show me much.

In any event, the kid's dad was a hell of a player so maybe so is his kid. I am sure we all hope so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News