ADVERTISEMENT

This is a summary of what we need?

Bantameagle

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
In looking at the next two years, this is what we know as of today. This is not new information to anyone who follows the board but helped me get my arms around our situation.

Clifford is our center and is a senior.

Owens is a 3/4 and is a junior.

Hicks is a 1/2 and is probably a sophomore but has never played.

Diallo is a 4/5 and is red shirt freshman

Robinson is a 1/2, Turner is a 2/3 and Milion is a 2 and are Freshmen.

Then 2016-2017

Owens will be a senior.

Hicks will be a junior.

Diallo, Robinson, Turner, Milion will be sophomores.

And Graves who is a 1 will be a freshman.

Immediately, we need a fifth year 1. Robinson and Hicks who are the only 1s, are neither proven in the ACC or particularly highly touted as point guards. At the same time, Graves coming in the following year appears to be a great recruit at the point.

Then, one player from every position taken over the next two years who are recruits or transfers. We would be well served with two to four players leaving and arriving every year. I would like to not have more than four freshman arriving in any given year. Right now, we already have four player in this class including Diallo as a red shirt and expect one more at least.. This would appear to be less than ideal but with players not always lasting four years, who knows. We could easily start four freshman this year if we don't get a fifth year point.

With this in mind, two to three fifth years would be ideal followed up with that many freshman the following year. One or two of these 5th years will start. This gets us to the three or four leaving a year mentioned earlier.

I think we could also use a transfer or two with one or two years of eligibility left if we find that special athlete. This would help us the following year and will not increase our over burdened freshman class. Our goal is to get a steady stream of freshman and not need fifth year or transfers, but we are a couple years away from that and we may actually never reach that idealized goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News