ADVERTISEMENT

This board...I used to find it informative and useful

bcabroad

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
And much like social media is has become a pool of negativity and bile. After every loss - fire the coach. There is always someone who will come in and make BC competitive with Clemson or FSU or whatever. We just can't seem to find a guy who is smart enough to do it...

I have news for folks on this board. We will never compete for a national championship in football. Ever. We will never matter on the national stage - ever. We will continue to lose ground to other programs when paying players is allowed and it won't be long before you have 25 top programs that can and do matter natioanally and a bunch of other schools that are effectively a permanent under class.

However, I'm not sure I mind that. The top schools that try to compete for the national championship are hopelessly compromised. The NCAA turns a blind eye but the SEC is a semi pro league and I feel certain the cheating is rampant. We saw a crack into elite college basketball and its much the same.

Coach K is the last if his kind - i think his stature is such he doesn't have to. Pitino and Calipari are the future. And to be honest, I don't want BC to sell it soul for that. I don't want to go into a game like clemson knowing we don't have a prayer. I don't want to go play sisters of the poor either. I want BC kids to play hard against good schools, win more than they lose, graduate and represent the university well.

I am a sell out. I am accepting medicority. How could I. What about ever to excel. I am a down in front guy. Listen call me all the names in the world. I have given more money to BC than most of the folks on this board. I am at peace with BC's place in the football world. And I personally think if you look at the talent - and where our ex assistants keep going - there is no doubt the program is solid and improving. But our progress is also relative and the concentration of talent at the top schools and the resources lavished upon them mean that the folks here who think addazio sucks and we can do better are fooling themselves.

Evern coughlin - the greatest football coach I've seen other than Belichek - only stayed a few years and when he left it got ugly. We can't do the revoling door and most of the people calling for a new savior for the program are naive about what is possible for a tiny private school in new england. I live in a football state now. The fundraisers for the high school sports programs bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars. For high school. Sorry guys vent your spleen all you want but its time to be realistic and to enjoy having a pair of backs that can play anywhere and some really nice young talent that will grow and develop. We will beat either ND ot Pitt and go to a mediocre bowl. And our young team will learn and be the better for a 7-5 campaign the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News