ADVERTISEMENT

** Therapy Session: The Good Dr. Opens Up About Boston College Football **

DrBunsonHoneyDew

All County
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
Here are some of the Dr's thoughts & what i've heard from my conversations:

• Hafley is a young, energetic guy who can recruit. The players genuinely like him more than a Daz. I think he will continue to succeed in recruiting. Where he has fell insanely short is the hiring of the staff around him. Hafley came over as Defensive centric coach. That means Hafley needed to hire an OC who has a solid track record/experience as thats not Hafley's game. Enter John McNulty, a career school hopper whos been OC one year at Rutgers? TE coach at ND before this? A capable OC would've recognized the lack of depth at OL as a real issue and urged the portal to be utilize more effectively. Fire McNulty, bring me a 1aa OC who lit up the competition.
  • It's apparent Hafley was a DB coach, look at all the DBs he's bringing in. Good on paper! but that doesn't mean sh!t without people in the trenches. Shift focus to DL, DE, LB, OL PLEASE!
  • Don't expect WR Jaden Williams to play for BC again
  • I cant express enough about how great the student section has been at games. The atmosphere has improved and I am not sure who to give credit to other than the students. Blows similar schools like Wake, UVA, Duke out of the water. A top education, ACC football, good atmosphere, early playing time - if wake can put top 25 teams on the field with worse recruiting classes we should expect the same.
  • I honestly thought this year was a bowl team but injuries and Jurks regression was the biggest surprise to me. If Hafley had any balls he would start Morehead to finish the year. Give him some confidence moving forward. That won't happen though.
  • I know a BIG TIME BC donor who withdrew all donations after the Uconn Loss. Hopefully those types of moves will send waves internally.

Just some random tidbits. This is an open canvas so paint your thoughts below.

Onwards we climb with fortitude and grace

Signed your friend,

The Great Dr. Bunson Honeydew

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News