ADVERTISEMENT

THE RUNDOWN (9/10): Couple of recruiting updates

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
This will be short and sweet with more updates on BC commits in action to come.

You will recall I mentioned there would probably be a decent (~ 10 guys) list of players, legit prospects, to attend the Holy Cross game but looking back I am told the only main one to watch out for is Justin Robinson, a 2020 athlete from Georgia.

A little early to speculate on where Robinson will end up but obviously a very good sign that someone from GA would make an early fall trip on his own dime up to BC for a non-marquee game. He does have an early verbal offer from UGA but it remains to be seen whether he is someone the Bulldogs really zero in on. If they do, that would be a tough pull. If not, his other main offer is UVA.

I'm told the big recruiting events for BC this fall will be Louisville, Miami and Clemson. UofL could be a good weekend to bring guys in because (my commentary) they're a pretty good "name" opponent that might be a little down this year. The UofL weekend might have the most visitors (2020) but Miami a close second because they're expecting a good crowd that weekend regardless.

A few notes on BC commits from this past weekend ...

Patrick Garwo had another big 200-plus yard game.

Ethon Williams is having a fantastic season and scored 3 more touchdowns.

Tommy Eichenberg supposedly had a great game in his team's best performance (and I'm hearing they really love him).

Maurice Smith and Miami Central had like a 5 OT game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News