ADVERTISEMENT

Should the Celts go after LeBron?

RAP09

All State
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2003
Rumor is he will visit them among six teams. I think signing him would make the Celts the co-favoite for a ring.

I would vote, yes, under certain conditions, ones that would keep Ainge and Stevens in charge.

1. I'd offer him a 3-year contract at $20 million, $15, and $10. Not because his play would deteriorate, but because Celts need to re-up its youngsters. Remember, he did take less money in Miami to leave financial room for the other stars. Plus, each side could opt out after each year.

2. I'd tell him he would not start, but would often finish games. He would be the spark every second team needs. He'd be the point-forward, and a key overall to the team's success. I'd remind him of Bill Walton.

3. This means he would average closer to 28 than 48 minute a game. Which would extend his career beyond the three years, and with that the possibility of more championships.

Would LeBron agree to such terms? What think you? I have my doubts—he likes to run things—but perhaps the appeal of potential rings would be enough.

Another major question: would Kyrie buy into such a plan? He can leave after next year, and Mike Gorman says his re-upping is not a sure thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News