ADVERTISEMENT

Security Quashing Dissent

wbritt01

All State
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2014
At the end of the game I was still in the stands near the tunnel when Daz came off. A couple of young guys - 20 somethings - were hollering at Daz (heard one of em say “worst coach in college football - 20-1 against ranked teams” - another said “should have called a time out on the field goal” - in other words pretty harmless stuff). Security was on them in an instant. One of them put her hands on one of the kids. She’s lucky it didn’t get ugly. One of them asked “free speech, yes or no?” She said “no” and screamed “Just go!” and started threatening to call the cops.

Ridiculous in my view. If you get paid $2.5M and you make stupid ass mistakes like letting the delay of game happen - then you better be willing to take the heat.

I talked to the kids and they say they also are now posting guards above the locker room so folks can’t go there and share their thoughts with Daz.

Kind of a sad state of affairs where fans are so frustrated, the institution doesn’t want to confront and have to acknowledge those frustrations, AND it seems unwilling to take action. Harassing fans (even if they are harassing a highly paid coach) doesn’t strike me as the path we want to be on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News