ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Spinelli

DereknNC

All State
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Since the vast majority of the discussion on this board right now is about firing JC, my question then is: what does MJ do with Scott Spinelli? In my opinion, Spinelli has been an incredibly valuable piece as an assistant and more-so as a recruiter. Recruiting at BC is obviously not easy, so a recruiter needs to be connected, have a good eye for talent and needs to be able to relate to kids these days. Also, it takes a great deal of time to build credibility within the AAU circuit; locally, on the east coast and nationally. I think Spinelli shines in all of those areas.

Spinelli is a native of Mass and he has known JC for many years (20+ years). And I am guessing he and his family have enjoyed staying in one place the last five years after hopping around a half dozen programs over the last 20 years.

I am assuming the answer is - MJ tells the next head coach that Spinelli stays. But it's obviously much more complicated than that. Candidly, if we did hire a new head coach and if that coach didn't want Spinelli, then I would immediately question why a good coach would not want to keep an asset like Spinelli.

Everyone thinks the grass is always greener - let's fire him and everything will be OK. The grass has seemed greener with Donahue and now JC, and it hasn't been.

If JC is asked to move on and they hire an amazing coach, I am all for it...especially if that coach stays many years instead of 2-3 years and then moves on. But regardless of what happens, I would like them to figure out how to keep Spinelli here for a long time in his current role.

Reactions: bceagle98alum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News