Rugamba one of the few targets left

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
Rugamba one of the few targets left

Justin Rowland
EagleAction.com Recruiting Analyst

BC's number crunch is very real so if a 2016 recruit is still hearing from the Eagles the chances are the staff likes him a lot.

EMMANUEL-RUGAMBA-150508-2.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Rugamba has the ability to play either corner or receiver.
The staff almost assuredly does likeEmmanuel Rugamba, a three-star receiver from Naperville (Ill.) Central. He was verbally offered by BC earlier this year, but because he's waited a while to make his decision BC went ahead and accepted commitments from other receivers they feel good about - Christian McStravick, Kobay White and K.J. Gray, to be precise.

In a very small class the likelihood of BC taking four receivers may be slim. Then again, the staff could evaluate that possibility after they know more about how their receiving corps is performing this fall.

Rugamba seems to hope BC is an option moving forward.

"I'm going to be going down to Boston College and maybe North Carolina State. Those are two visits I know I'll be taking," Rugamba said, hinting that those could be unofficial visits in the somewhat near future. "I've been to Iowa (this summer) but I took most of my visits in the spring."

BC is a school he has wanted to visit for a while.

Rugamba spoke with EagleAction.com in April, more than three months ago, and then the receiver said the Eagles liked him as both a receiver and a cornerback. That could improve his chances at an offer, because defensive back would likely be an area to address if BC does add more commitments.

In fact, Justin Frye seemed to express a preference for Rugamba as a defensive back, where they like his potential but acknowledge he's probably not as polished.

This week Rugamba's comments indicated his interest in the school hasn't changed.

"I like Boston College because of their academics and the level of play in the ACC. There's just something about it," Rugamba said. "It's just different. It's not in the Midwest. It's an opportunity to get out and see other things. That's definitely important to me."

But Rugamba also said that Illinois, Iowa and Indiana are probably the schools that have been recruiting him the hardest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News