ADVERTISEMENT

recruiting thoughts

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
I am of the belief that with most of these kids it is impossible to know if the the 4 star is going to play like a 2 star once he gets to this level and the two star is going to play like a 4 star, so I think looking at the offer list might be a better way to evaluate. That said, I would rather have all 4 stars than 2 stars obviously.

As far as this class, it is low on the star rating and low on comparative offers, which is probably a troubling sign. It places the onus on this staff being great at developing players and maximizing their potential over 5 years. At least offensively this staff has shown no ability to develop any position on the offensive side of the ball. They needed a few WR who can just flat out play. They usually need to be highly ranked kids who can play whether they are coached up or not. Those type of kids dont end up at BC, and given our offensive style we are not attractive to that type of athlete.

Problems with the class:

As always, lack of speed.
No Florida kids. I would like to see a few athletic kids even if underrecruited from Florida every year. Hamp Cheevers type kids.
DT: thin and decommits ended up with BC having nobody at the position one week before signing day.
This is year 5 of the rankings and BC just came out of a season with a bowl game win. I always thought staff stability was key in recruiting. Things have regressed with the overall profile of the incoming recruit, and that is a very bad sign. There is no energy with this program and that includes recruiting.

Positives:

Getting AJ Dillon, no matter what he turns out to be from Michigan is important because he is local and beat Michigan for him is important.

McDonald comes from a very high profile program, won all his games, and accumulated very good stats against top notch competition. His father was an NFL QB. Exactly the kid you want in the program. I could see a Brain St. Pierre type of career for him. Before people mock St. Pierre's career, remember he ended up on an NFL roster, and MCDonald was very lightly recruited.

Very good job with recruiting in NJ. Campanile seems to be the one legit recruiter left in the program.

I like good bloodlines, so Haynes and again on McDonald is a good way to go.

Reactions: klh0512
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News