Potential recruit: Shandon Goldman

Rick2

All State
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2001
STRecruiting: 6-9 Shandon Goldman feels strongly about Clemson going into visit
August 12, 2015 by Phil Kornblut Leave a Comment

Shandon Goldman

6-9 Shandon Goldman of Evansville, AR graduated from high school this past spring but decided to reclassify for the 2016 class and will attend St. John’s Northwest Military Academy in Wisconsin this year, the same school that sent Raymond Doby to USC for this season.

Goldman felt the extra time this summer and this season would raise his stock in the eyes of college recruiters. He was right. Mono shut him down in the spring and early summer and affected his play in July. But Clemson assistant coach Richard Riley saw him in July and liked Goldman enough to offer. He will take his first official visit this weekend to Clemson with his parents, and he has a good feeling for the Tigers already.

“Clemson seems like a really good college town, Goldman said. “I grew up near Fayetteville, which is a good college town. I like the balance of the fan support of all the sports. It’s a great conference. There are a lot of positives with Clemson and I like them.”

And vice versa. The Tigers would like to add an outside scoring threat with size and Goldman would give them that.

“They like my size at 6-9 and my ability to shoot the ball and dribble the ball,” he said. “They want to put me as a stretch four. They see me as a good fit for the program.”

Goldman, playing point forward for his high school team, averaged 17 points, 9 rebounds and 3 assists per game last season. And he shot 40% from three point range.

This will be Goldman’s first visit to Clemson and hes excited about it. So much so, the idea of committing has crossed his mind.

“Anything could happen,” he said. “I really like Coach Riley and the staff. If everything goes perfect, who knows. I’m not exactly closed minded about it.”

Goldman said he also likes Boston College and he could take a visit there if he doesn’t close the deal with Clemson this weekend. He also has offers from Utah State and Sam Houston State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News