ADVERTISEMENT

Perception of BC in coaching ranks

beerbohm

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2008
I was with a head coach of a Big East team last week (I know the Big East sucks so what does he know). And he basically said the the BC coaching job was one of the least desirable jobs in the country. His reasons being the minimal support from the administration, poor facilities, no fan support, low pay, terrible local AAU relations, etc. Basically all of the things we've heard about for years. Also said that when Donahue was fired there were very few people that wanted the job. As a result, Christian will be given a long leash to make it work because he was the only one willing to take on the "risk of killing your career" by going to BC. Btw, this guy said he'd rather be an assistant somewhere than the head coach at BC, despite their power 5 conference. In other words, its that bad of a job. The skeptics on the board will call it sour grapes (bc the Big East sucks) or whatever you want, but this guy had no reason to bash BC. He has no ties to BC and was not at a former Big East football school. I really hope Christian can turn this around, because who knows how bad the perception of the job will be if he is not successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News