ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Remembering the Fung Wah days

aflatley

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
Knew someone who would catch the first bus out of NYC on Saturday and make it to the campus for the start of tailgating. He swore he once sat next to a woman who was carrying a live chicken.

Who else wants to cruise in the Fung Wah bus?

Some highlights:

One of my friends from Hong Kong was riding the Fung Wah bus years ago and sitting up front near the driver. He was talking on the phone in Cantonese and saying something like, “<<Yeah, the door isn’t staying shut. Yeah, I’ll deal with it once I get to New York.>>”

Sitting near the front to watch the drivers was always entertaining. Driving at light speed while scrolling through their phone and blasting the horn at any slight inconvenience. Turning a four hour trip into three and a half while somehow also parking at a highway Burger King for 20 minutes halfway through. Stepping out into Chinatown nowhere near a subway station. What a time.

One story I like to tell is on our way to NYC, we stopped at a rest stop with a McDs. Driver gets out and provides no instruction. A few people shrug and get out to go to the restroom/eat. 5 min later the bus driver’s back, doesn’t do a headcount, starts up the bus and leaves. Anyone that got off was stranded. Insane.
(and the reply)
Oh you mean the McD’s in Rockville wasn’t your final destination? It was a thing to slip the driver a few bucks and request your rest stop in CT to get a cheap ride back to Tolland/Hartford county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.