ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Horseracing

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Dont follow it, but for mild interest in the three big races. This news on Baffert's winner is going trough the cycle. Has horseracing always been another sport that has a seedy underlife, drugs and so on? I think I read that this is the 4th or 5th race in the past year that one of Baffert's horse has won and tested positive for having illegal drugs in its system post race? Why isnt he banned everywhere, or is he too big a draw, and money can make this go away?

My other question is what happens to the bets? I am imagine 99% of the bets are by computer now and can be traced, so the horse that finished second, if now declared the winner, those people can get paid. But what about the winners who have already been paid out, taken their money and ran. If their horse is now DQ'ed, I assume they are not paying the book back. And what about the paper ticket holders, at the derby, off track betting and so on. I assume those that had the second place horse, ripped their tickets, are they out of luck, or is there some remedy for them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News