New Jersey OT Tyler Burnham Impressed by 'Great Tradition' at BC

andy_backstrom

All State
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2020

New Jersey OT Tyler Burnham Impressed by 'Great Tradition' at BC​

Andy Backstrom (@andybackstrom)
Publisher

Red Bank Catholic (N.J.) offensive lineman Tyler Burnham visited Boston College for its Homecoming game against North Carolina State this past season. Then the Class of 2024 prospect received an offer from the Eagles in January. And he visited the program again on March 19.

Burnham, preparing for his junior season, is still raw. But his size (6-foot-6, 300 pounds) and athleticism have turned heads early in his recruiting process.

Burnham holds offers from BC, Duke, Syracuse, West Virginia, Temple, Coastal Carolina and UMass.

In addition to BC, he's also made unofficial visits to Penn State (April 2), Rutgers (April 9) and Notre Dame (April 23). Those three schools, however, haven't offered him.

“Really, for me, academics is really important," Burnham told Rivals.com publisher and and recruiting analyst Richard Schnyderite. "I want to look for a program that fits academically for me. Not just playing football. Not just one or the other.”

Not only does BC fit the bill in that regard, but it's a Jesuit Catholic school as well. And it boasts an NFL pedigree, particularly up front, that intrigues Burnham.

“The religion and the education," Burnham said when asked what sticks out about BC. "They have a long list of guys who have been in the NFL, who have come back and worked at BC. And it’s really just great tradition there.”

Burnham said that BC running backs coach Savon Huggins has been his lead recruiter. He noted that he's connected with Huggins, who of course was a New Jersey high school football star, and that he really likes offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, too.

Burnham mentioned that he plans to make a commitment before his senior season so that he doesn't have to stress over it during his final year at Red Bank Catholic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News