ADVERTISEMENT

Jairus Hamilton

APed333

All State
Feb 4, 2004
Despite his lack of stats and early offensive struggles I've been quite pleased with what I've seen so far from Jairus. He's obviously extremely raw offensively but when is the last time BC has recruited an athletic stretch big like him? I can envision his developing a similar offensive game to Deontae Hawkins. His shooting touch seems to have a ways to go (along with his confidence in his shot) but I'm optimistic he can improve in that area. If he does he'll become a lethal weapon offensively, especially on pick plays with Ky where he's open on pick and pops a lot. Defensively he's already made a positive impact (2 blocks last night), as his strength and athleticism allow him to match up with the type of athletic bigs we've previously had issues containing.

Overall I think our season's success with be heavily dependent on how well Jairus develops his offensive game this year. If he can start reaching his potential this season and become a confident inside/out scorer, then we may actually have an outside shot at the NCAAs. I fear he'll only start scratching the surface of his offensive abilities this season though (as he develops confidence), and we'll be looking at another NIT type season (or less). But if Jairus can become a legit scoring threat to complement Ky and Tabbs and give us a spark when Chatman goes cold, then this team will be a lot more exciting than I thought they were going to be after the IUPUI debacle. Also on a side note Tabbs is a lot better than I was expecting, even with his glowing preseason reports. His up and under/left handed finish last night was very impressive. I'm actually excited about the prospect of building around Tabbs and Hamilton for the next few years.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News