ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo wants pro type rules

Parcells

All Region
Nov 7, 2003
Tom Izzo spoke on this subject...Calls for 10 minute quarters. Likes 30 second clock...would drop it down further. Wants entire NCAA rule book adjusted as close to NBA as possible. Some won't like this...they want the different games. Separation in rules between pros and college... Izzo is an influential voice in college BB though...right up there with Coach K. Thinks it is best to get more standardized with NBA and wants to liven up the sport of college BB....which I'll agree is getting much duller. The 30 second shot clock had to be done at the very least. I'd call this a good start...but probably just a start. IMO, it will take quite a bit more to fix the game. Last years regular season in college BB was one of the least entertaining I recall...there were a few very good games late in the tourney...but the regular season was dull. Izzo is a little different than some coaches who don't see the big picture. He understands better the entertainment factor that is lacking and hurting the sport overall....and how the game is suffering in excitement factor. There are other reasons too....non stop TV coverage, but NCAA attendance is down 20% past few years

I don't know if the NBA influence will happen...but we will see many rules changes in the next 3-5 years

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News