Isaiah Wright staying busy

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
Staying busy

Justin Rowland
EagleAction.com Recruiting Analyst

Isaiah Wright probably makes BC's list of most wanted recruit. He's staying busy with visits as he does his research.

ISAIAH-WRIGHT-140414-PRO.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Wright will visit Maryland on May 8.
There's no doubt that Wright has interest in BC. He's taken too many trips to the school for that to not be the case. Wright admits that Boston College still has his attention in a big way. But while he's talked about leaders in the past he's more careful in how he describes his outlook now.

"I have positive feelings with Boston College," Wright said this week. "They're really genuine and they care about their players as well. They really want to keep the local talent local.

"To be honest with you, I said I had favorites earlier but I spoke too soon. I wasn't really even that far into the recruiting process. So I'm just playing it by ear and taking it all as it comes," he said.

Wright, a 6-foot-1, 218-pound athlete that could play receiver or other positions in college, told EagleAction.com that he knows Marcus Outlow, BC's young and talented running back from his home region.

But he also knows some players at Rutgers and has gotten to know them much better, especially after visiting with the Scarlet Knights. He and four-star linebacker teammate Koby Quansah visited Rutgers recently.

"I went with my mother to Rutgers and we brought Koby," he said. "I've been there a lot of times so nothing has really changed. I liked Rutgers. The culture is good. You can tell they care about their players. They practice what they preach. It's all about brotherhood."

It's not just between BC and Rutgers, Wright cautioned.

"I'm visiting Maryland on May 8," Wright said. "This will be my first time going there."

And he doesn't know what's on his agenda after that.

While Wright said he did not believe Frank Leonard had visited Kingswood Oxford during the current evaluation period Quansah told EagleAction.com that BC had stopped by. Conversations during those on-campus visits by coaches are not allowed so it wouldn't be surprising if a coach visited without Wright knowing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News