ADVERTISEMENT

I'm beginning to question the utility of this board

bcabroad

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
Lets face some hard truths. Daz came in to a terrible mess. color it anyway you want but he used smoke and mirrors to get us to two bowl games in his first two years. I've met the man and what he has done thus far has been remarkable.

Are there times he messed some stuff up - yup. Clock management would be one. BUT we excelled in the ACC because of consistency in coaching and recruiting players who would succeed at BC. I liked TOB at first. He needed to go. Jags used TOB's players to win (and steve logan who I still miss) and then messed up. Now we're onto Spaz and the record is clear he was in over his head.

If this year happened in year one daz would have been cut a ton of slack. you can be the best jockey in the world but you have to have the horses. He went out and found us a QB that let us beat USC. The guy couldn't pass and we still got to a bowl.

So roll forward to this year and you have wade who has some experience and would prob have turned a few losses into wins. You have a D better than any I've ever seen and then you lose wade, and smith, and hilliman. come on guys at some point when you can't just go get a QC ala dallas it kind of is what it is. Look at the 60 young kids on the roster and recognize that stuff happens some times.

I think some of the posters here need to take their prozac and hang out with real live people. this year sucks. No one and I mean no one could take this this team and be much better -save for wake which was a blow but doesn't change a damn thing from a season pov.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News