ADVERTISEMENT

I’m happy with 6-1 so far … how about you?

DereknNC

All State
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
All in all, I think we should all be relatively pleased with the play to date. Yeah, some things have sucked. But focusing on the big picture, we are 6-1. Looking back at our pre-season prediction thread, most folks predicted 9-4 or 10-3 out of conference, and we are on track to meet or even exceed those predictions. We have 6 more OOC games. Looking at who is left, I think 4-2 is most likely…while either 3-3 or 5-1 are both less likely. I think 6-0 or 2-4/1-5/0-6 are all pretty unlikely. So that puts us likely at 10-3 OOC, which we should be OK with. Anything better than that we should be happy.

http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/college_Men_basketball_acc.html has us at 63 right now. Yeah, I know, RPI is pretty meaningless at this point…and it can fluctuate greatly this time of year. But it’s a data point. It has our strength of schedule at 60, which is pretty good for us this time of year. And as I think I saw bshay said in a different thread, our IUPUI loss is gross, but I don’t think it will be as gross as we all thought it would be. IUPUI is 5-2 and just beat a decent Bradley team by 12 points. Should we have beaten IUPUI? Absolutely. But we’ve head much worse losses over the past 5-10 years.

Tabbs has been a nice surprise. While Chatman has negated that, as he’s been a disappointment. Most of Chat’s stats are inline with last years, except shooting! The problem is, Chat is out there for his shooting! Last year he was .415 FG % and this year he is .362. Last year Chat was .395 from three and this year he is .289 from three. Even Hoof knows that ain’t good! And it’s not like Chat had wide open shots last year and this year he is rubbing off 3 screens a-la JJ Redick had to do in college. I actually think Chat has had more open threes this year than last.

I think most of the other players are at least somewhat inline with pre-season expectations = Ky, Pop, Mitchell, Reyes, MEZ! I think Hamilton might be slightly below what we all expected, but he’s shown flashes. And remember, we do get some depth coming with Hamilton Sr coming soon.

So … step away from the ledge if you think we sucked against Sacred Heart, (which we did :) )...but we won. (And on the subject of hearts…by the way, bshay, you know you should never bet with your heart! That is lesson #1 of betting). And step away from the edge if the IUPUI loss still burns your asscheeks. If Pop played even a C game, then we win. And lastly, step away from the edge if you think Christian should be fired after each game we lose or if every player sucks/doesn’t hustle/has no heart/isn’t progressing/ when we lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News