ADVERTISEMENT

Hobey Baker Award Book

J68BR0

Walk-On
Nov 3, 2020
I'm a lifelong BC hockey fan and have been reading this message board for almost 20 years, but have never posted before. I was a season ticket holder until moving to Hawaii for my work during the 2006-07 season. I recently authored a book to commemorate the forty-year anniversary of the Hobey Baker Award titled Hobey Baker Memorial Award: The First 40. It's being published by the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation, and is scheduled to be available for purchase on hobeybaker.com within the next month or so. Only a limited number of copies are being printed, so I wanted to give my fellow BC fans the first crack at buying the book. The book is comprised of approximately 1,000-word biographies of the hockey careers of the award's forty winners, to include stats and player photos. (Thanks to Alastair Ingram for providing the Hobey Foundation and I in-game photos of Emma, Mottau & Gaudreau for use in the book).

All proceeds from the book will benefit the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Foundation, a 501(c)(3) corporation. I am not earning any profit from the book.

One thing to note: in Johnny Gaudreau's biography I mistakenly credited him with 24 assists his freshman year; he actually had 23 assists that year. The book had already gone to print when I caught the error, but if we do a reprint I will correct it. I'm sure it is the only statistical error in the book.

Go Eagles.

Brian W. Shaughnessy
Honolulu, HI

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News