ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime Thoughts Vs. FSU

KStone22

All State
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
Everyone still breathing?

-Huge having Bowry back. He didn't practice in the final 2 open ones we saw, but I had a sneaky feeling they were being extra cautious with him. Five days behind closed doors probably gave him all the time they needed.

-Ward's drop was brutal, but it's massive that he maintained his composure and ended up getting that same play again. The bobble on the 44 yard gain was terrifying, but he's a weapon they're going to need regularly.

-What a start for this defense. I know I've been saying they're severely underrated and would surprise people, but those first three drives were stunning even to me. Pure dominance.

-TC's patience has stood out. I still worry every time he drops back that a pick is coming, but he hasn't forced anything yet. Huge step forward.

-Really disappointing end to the half. Two different chances to add on to the lead and had to punt. FSU gets that late 4th down and scores (even if it was just 3 after choking inside the 10), getting a decent chunk of the momentum back when they were dead in the water.

-Out-gained FSU 113-4 in that first quarter. That's absurd for any team at any level. They ran 21 plays to FSU's 3. It's the exact game plan we talked about here for a week.

-Aside from a few chunk plays I thought the secondary has been excellent, playing through the receivers even after they might make a catch.

-Aside from the last two drives, you've got to be encouraged by the offense's ability to convert on 3rd down. Something this team has been terrible at over the last few years.

-So far so good with Lombardo

-Defense needs a stop on the first drive of the 3rd, need to wrestle momentum back. Another long drive for the offense, even at 17-6 may drain the Seminoles' belief if you can take another 7-8 minutes off

-I firmly believe this staff instills confidence and belief in this team to finish the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.