ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime thoughts from the press box

KStone22

All State
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
....please be kind.

So, look, has Grayson been great? Of course not. Was the INT putrid? Absolutely. HOWEVER, some of the throws over the middle and the one to Skeete on the sideline are what I've been talking about. The zip on his ball is hard to ignore. The receivers being locked up all over the field, the play calling and the defense is the bigger issue to me right now.

The lack of linebacker depth is starting to come out more and more and teams are just picking them apart over the middle. Real concern there. On the bright side on that side of the ball, Ezeiruaku continues to be an absolute animal.

Concerned about Max Tucker, he was limping around the sideline without his helmet on that last series.

Punting is still friggin atrocious and it's an issue when you need to play a field position game.

WKU must have heard and read they can't stop the run because they deserve credit so far, shutting down BC's rushing attack.

I called the slow start (and 17-7 score at the half too, just the other way), it's just human nature. This place was empty at kickoff too, hard to get juiced up this early, it just is. Not an excuse, just pointing out how dead it was at the start.

The receiver thing is a huge issue to me as well. Where the hell is McGowan? Where is Bradley? Where is Harris? Did I just overrate them? Is it scheme? I wish I knew, but watching above the field, it's alarming to see no one open on almost every snap. There's too much talent and athleticism in that room to have this little production.

The hurry up O seemed to work pretty well, should probably use it coming out of the half. Obvious to say this too, but you desperately need at least 3 on the opening drive.

I'll take all the Grayson bashing after the game, but just remember, I've always said Tommy is the more elusive guy, that's obvious. He's had time to throw and no one open to throw it too. Can he be better? Of course, but this isn't all on him right now.

...I actually think they win, but it might take OT at this point.

If BOB needed confession after the MSU halftime speech, who knows how many Hail Mary's and Our Father's he'll need after today...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.