ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from the newest member of Eagle Action

KStone22

All County
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
Hello all,

My name's Kevin Stone and as I'm sure you've all seen by now, I have taken over Andy Backstrom's role with Eagle Action. While I think it's virtually impossible to replace Andy's production, I am certainly going to try to continue giving folks here the best BC coverage possible.

A quick summary of me and my experience: I was/am born & raised in Waltham, MA & a die hard New England sports fan. I began freelancing in August of 2008. and my first ever gig was covering a team from Palo Alto, CA in the Babe Ruth World Series here in Quincy, MA. From there, I began covering high school and college games for The Daily News Tribune (Waltham, MA) and various Patch.com sites. I covered Norwood High School (Norwood, MA) extensively for a few years at The Norwood Record before getting a job with The Metro West Daily News in 2012.

I wrote for the Metro West until 2020 until myself, John Sarianidies and Adam Kurkjian started New England Football Journal in February of 2021. We currently cover 16 D1 schools (FCS & FBS), high schools in six states and the New England Patriots. I also still do freelance work for Hockey Night in Boston, Boston Lax and the Boston Globe.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you moving forward not just for football season but (hopefully) with some of the athletic programs as well. I'll be hopping on here Saturday during the NC State game for my first game day Eagle Action experience, take it easy on the rookie!

-K. Stone

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News