ADVERTISEMENT

Gilmour

Feb 18, 2013
I really think that Adam Gilmour has a lot of potential, but that he is dramatically playing under his ability. So, he needs a "kick in the butt," perhaps by benching him (and sending him upstairs to watch the game from the stands) or moving him down to the infrequently-playing 4th line. Despite his size, he has been invisible on the ice this season (and the end of last season) and moving him from center to wing (where he doesn't have to hustle as much playing a two-way game) is not the solution. Also, moving him off of the line with Zach Sanford and Alex Tuch and putting him with Miles Wood and Austin Cangelosi is not the answer. Rather, I think that Gilmour needs a wake-up call and to be moved down to center the 4th line with Travis Jeke and Chris Brown. This would accomplish a couple of objectives: (1) Returning Gilmour to his original natural position, where he can develop his two-way game for the next level; and (2) Moving Chris Brown back to right wing, which I consider to be more his natural position. Conversely, I think that Chris Calnan really hustles and should be restored to the line with Miles Wood and Austin Cangelosi, where he has played most of the season. Recent stats show Adam posting only one point (an assist) in his last six games despite a prominent role (including no points with his new linemates). Over that same period, Chris has two goals and one assist (including an unassisted early goal in last night's 8-0 UMass thrashing, despite playing on the fourth line). As much as we hate the Chicago Black Hawks, we've got to give this NHL third-round draft choice a chance to play and develop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News