ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
1. Great all around game for Eagles. FSU was there for the taking and BC took it. This team has found so many ways to lose games for the past decade. Learning how to close and win has been a long process for the coach and some of these kids but they have earned their wins. More than anything thus year they need to end the culture of expecting to lose.
2. Loved Pop tonight. I criticized him in another post at the half for his misfires from deep but he played his ass off tonight against a team with a ton of size and he played great D, made two fantastic bounce passes to cutters in back to back possessions in a big spot and had a monster physical rebound to wrap it up with 4 Noles all around him.
3. Speaking of big men, why did Hamilton ice the twin towers in the second half. It appeared he wanted to go smaller and push the pace and trap but his size was a problem for BC even though it didn't show in first half.
4. Hamilton also uses Al's fashion designer. Is there an Eastern Clothing if Watertown outlet in Tally I didn't know about?
5. At the end of the year this will be a really good win for BC as I think FSU will end up around the 6 or 7 line..,and then lose to a 10 seed in the first round.
6. 40, 39, 38.. minutes from Chat, Robinson and Bowman. Not sustainable but Christian obviously doesn't trust the freshman guards.
7. They are playing the starting 5 and Luka. JCR got 2 minutes and My cousin Vinnie 3 minutes. Pray to the health gods because one injury and we lose every game the rest of the way, except maybe Pitt. Bowman needs to be monitored, he had a hard time getting off the deck at the 8:00 minute time out. I wonder if the knee injury last year was fatigue/wear and tear related. Either way he is going to have a lot of tread on the tires by the time he leaves here.
8. It didn't hurt them tonight but I don't like the inbounds set ups against pressure D. Starting your guys just a touch inside mid court and having them run to their own basket doesn't seem efficient. Defender only has to really cover the last two seconds or so.
9. nice to win even though they got next to nothing offensively out of Chat and Bowman in second half.
10. Mitchell has a mature game for a young kid. Always seems to bevin right place at right time. He should shoot 200 3's per day, because he is always open at three point line when Bowman or Robinson run to the hoop.
11. Robinson continues to be fantastic. He has improved so much, because I thought he was a little overhyped last year,but he has been phenomenal in ACC player and elevated his fame. Very few forced shots. Playing well within the flow of the game.
12. Nice to have the students there to see a good game. Doubt it will convince them to comeback, but it was the right thing for Jarmond to open the doors for them for free.
13. Winning in conference on the road has been a nightmare for this team, and I don't think they can be taken seriously until they show the ability to do so, but it would show stupendous growth if they could find a way to split the at Louisville:at Syracuse double coming up. Tough games. High pressure in your face D followed by a High zone D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News