ADVERTISEMENT

Evaluation of 2022 Recruits and Potential Starters and Bench Players

Bantameagle

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2001
I had some time this week and decided to review the 2022 recruits' videos on You Tube. Here are my observations:

ARMANI MIGHTY: Obviously a great name. Mighty has a new two-minute highlight video posted three days ago. He looks very athletic and developed. If he is actually 6-10, he represents a significant upgrade from Post. Not saying he is as good a shooter, but he looks much more agile and muscular. A three-star Canadian kid, appears to have been a late bloomer. Because of poor competition, I would think he will benefit from working against Post and Bickerstaff in practice.

PRINCE ALIGBE: Another great name. Prince looks ready for the ACC right now. Wonderful rebounder and silky smooth around the rim and from the three-point line. At 6-7, he should be penciled in as part of the starting five from day one. I honestly can't think if any BC player in recent history who has his skill set. Could be our leading scorer and rebounder from day one. Think Dudley as a comparison.
This video is not a highlight film. It is one game from two weeks ago.

DONALD HAND JR.: Again, great name. Got to love a guard with good "Hands". Looks like a two guard who also has good ball skills. Again, great all-around game with developed offensive and defensive skills. He will also start day one. At 6-5, he could also play at small forward. I think he and Prince will be our top two scorers next year. Both are legitimate four-star recruits. There is nothing cheap about their high national rating. Hand and Prince are both coming from good developmental programs, have great skill sets and are physically mature. The video I attached was his high school coach talking about Hand. Really a great indorsement of the player and BC.

CHAS KELLY: Can't say I don't like the name "Chas Kelly" at a Catholic college. Looks like someone who gets a lot of playing time but doesn't start initially. Great all-around game with the potential to end up at point guard. Seems to really prefer passing to shooting from the You Tube tape. Seems less developed than Hand and more of a complimentary player which explains the three-stars. Right now, I like Zackery at point. I used his high-light tape: .

With the Langford brothers and Zackery coming back, they all probably start. I also think Hand and Prince are immediate starters. That gives you 6-7, 6-5,6-5,6-3 and 6-2 starters. Basically, four guards and a big forward. This will be a very tough starting team to guard and will play great defense. I think Post, Mighty, Bickerstaff and Kelly come off the bench. That would be 7-0, 6-10, 6-9 and 6-5. A big and talented bench. Pretty exciting stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News