ADVERTISEMENT

Dejon Jarreau

JAMCOACH07

Walk-On
May 1, 2007
Per Zack Spears:

A 2016 Boston College offer is already gaining a lot of attention on the recruiting trail this year and it's only April. The 6-4 guard Dejon Jarreau[/B] is not only gaining more and more national attention due to his play on the floor but high major coaches are starting to take notice and extending scholarship offers. What does this mean for the Eagles chances with this combo guard who can play the one or the two?
He already reports offers from Memphis, Boston College, Oklahoma, Washington and UMass amongst many others. If his play continues more are sure to start flowing in soon. Jarreau is a big guard who uses his size to create mismatches on both ends of the floor. He is an extremely talented athlete that can blow by defenders using his speed and finish at the rim or he can just flat out beat the opponent down the floor in transition. Which makes him a night mare for most defenders and a natural fit for the ACC.
"I like Boston College a lot," the 2016 prospect stated to me late Friday night, "they play in the ACC and I would get to play a lot of great teams."
With the offers he currently holds and playing on the EYBL stage all summer he definitely has the opportunity to see his stock rise while making a name for himself on the national circuit. Jarreau is in no hurry to make a decision. He plans on taking all of his official visits and is eyeing the end of his senior season to make his choice on where he will attend college.
Luckily for Eagles fans, Boston College coach Preston Murphy[/B] has been recruiting Jarreau from early on in the process.
"Preston and I talk all the time," Jarreau said, "He keeps it real with me and I really like that about him."
It seems Murphy and Jarreau's relationship will land Boston College on the guards official visit list, "I don't know where all I will visit yet, but I do know Boston College will be one," he commented.
The Eagles 2016 class already has Ty Graves committed, if Boston College is able to add another guard of this quality like Jarreau the Eagles would be sure fire contenders in their side of the ACC. Man recruiting experts are predicting he could have his stock soar after this first Live Period. Is Dejon Jarreau[/B] the best kept secret in the south? Not for the long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News