ADVERTISEMENT

DEF

littlezad74

All County
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2017
First, I am not a coach nor have played football. One thing I have seen from this team is that the LBs are plying out of position consistently, along with the FS. literally, our FS or SS is our 3rd LB, and this individual is the one that needs to step up when stopping the run. I know everyone wants to pick on Steele, but Woodbrey is essentially the 3rd LB, and consistently he is either showing his hand, or out of position, or is going out of position. I really think Haf and Tem are doing to much and should be go back to the 4-3, but again, i am not the coach. Our front 4 are going to get better, but the concern is the scheme. i like woodbrey, just think what they are trying to do is tough.

As for the ND game, Morehead is a really good QB, but he put the team/ DEF in a really bad position all game. Forget about the first run, the DEF stepped up and kept ND to only 3. Morehead’s INt was huge. in any sport, Momentum is huge, and when a team thinks they can beat you and you automatically give them the ball back at the 20 and they score, then DEF is already put in a bad situation. The next series BC would have had to strike back, and then another INT. Morehead checked his WRs, but he had time for only 2 seconds before pressure was felt. Having no running game is what is killing this team, and that falls squarely on Guge, not the OFF. Yes, the OFF is responsible, but if his coach can’t get these guys to run block, then the game plan is one dimensional. Brooke is a really good back, and when our starters come back, i think you will a different team. i just don’t think you can look at this OFF line because some our not supposed to be there, while 5 guys had season ending surgeries.

we can say fire Haf, but don’t know many coaches that can do too much with what they have. Yes, Haf should have gone more to the portal, but we have what we have. i just think the team is not as bad from what everyone is saying.

either way, if we have a losing record next year, he is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News