ADVERTISEMENT

Chat with Matty Ice

KStone22

All State
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
Had the pleasure of meeting Matt for the first time today at Pats camp. He stayed the entire practice and intently watched every part of it. He chatted with David Andrews for a bit after and had a lengthy conversation with Austin Hooper.

What I thought would be just a quick handshake and 'hey how are ya?' turned into 15 minutes of 2024 BC talk. He's one of the nicest humans on the planet.

Here are some takeaways.

-Believes Billy O's ability to recruit locally will be huge. Having the guy who's actually from here and can mean what he says when it comes to bringing BC back can't be overstated.
-Thinks this receiver room is as deep if not deeper than when he played in Chestnut Hill. Maybe the deepest ever.
-Told me a story about him breaking his foot at home against VT and still wanting to play because backup was very good (I forget the name) and he didn't want to lose his job. This came up talking about James pushing TC and TC's competitiveness.
-Should be around a few different times this season. He's around this weekend for 10-year anniversary of Ice Bucket Challenge (that's absurd it's been 10 years already) & a charity golf tourney for Sean McDonough.
-Believes BC will gain more attention, but well aware they have to earn it from the fan base and nationally.
-Hafley was open to alums coming back, but only when it fit the schedule. BOB will basically have open door policy for former players if they want it.

Loved talking to him, very genuine guy who is just as excited as the fans for this season to start. Hoping to get him on The New England Football Show sometime soon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.