ADVERTISEMENT

BCU:

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Mentioned internally for the first time in my memory at BC.

Was at orientation with my freshman to be son at BC today and listened to a bunch of speakers today and many of them used the terms, but none more than the provost David Quigley. “We are a world class UNIVERSITY, “A UNIVERSITY that for the first time has a freshman class representing all 50 states.”.

“A UNIVERSITY that strives….” On and on.

What is the actual difference between a college and University? Is it just terminology?

On a side note, the school looks incredible. The front of Conte is under complete development/renovation.
They redid McElroy dining hall and it looks great.
One of the interesting nuggets given tonight was that approximately 95% of schools outsource their food services, BC does not. Everybody in food services is a BC employee.

Everybody is staying in new dorm at St Thomas Moore. Dorm looks fantastic.

They gave the kids and parents another brief tour of upper campus, and they give(intentionally) about a 4 second tour or the upper campus dorms. They look horrible. The best I can call them is Spartan. They legit haven’t touched them in 30 years.

student athletic complex is Absolutely top notch. Really really well done.

On a beautiful day like today, there are just not many places I would rather be..just looks sensational.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News