ADVERTISEMENT

BC/Rutgers

FWR

All State
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2014
I think it’s pretty clear that these two programs and fan bases will be following the other extremely closely in the near future. Always been reason to for obvious reasons. But especially after this offseason given that I think it’s assumed BC was/would have been a contender for Schiano (and I suppose would have been the case for Rutgers/Hafley as well). Beyond that the competition for Camp (which I guess has turned into a RU/Michigan competition).

I’ve been following their football board a little bit and they seem to have a good deal of confidence about their program. It's easy to understand it, they've been in the dumps and they made the hire everyone wanted with a clear intent to invest a lot of $ into the program. Beyond that they seem to have made a very impressive OC hire.

The stuff I don't understand is where the view themselves in the college football hierarchy, especially relative to BC. I will cede that they appear to have had a better (on paper) offseason, but their mood seems to have it as a given that they will be competing in the Big 10 in the near term. Beyond that they seem to have a very low opinion of our program which I find to be frustratingly laughable, given the amount of success we've had compared to them. BC has essentially had 3 completely WTF awful seasons since 2000, and none were really over sustained periods (2011, 2012, 2015). Rutgers has had many more, including each of the last 5 seasons. I really don't think they appreciate how much work Schiano has in front of him just to get to a Daz level of success. Their recruiting classes also appear to be extremely thin over the last several years, so I imagine their current roster is weak. Not to mention we know that their QB situation has been as bad as it gets in the P5 (fun game over the last few years has been "check the Rutgers passing line" - always funny).

I hate wasting time on them but I've just given them a lot of attention over the last month or so, but they occupy the same space in my brain as Uconn, in that they just need to stay where they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News