ADVERTISEMENT

BC gives Mississippi speedster (4.25/40) first P5 offer

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
Wide receiver Jordan Anthony of Tylertown, Miss., is not exactly an unknown on the recruiting scene but he's just starting to get his name out there. Before this week the 5'11, 156-pound offensive skill position player had offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana, South Alabama, Tulane, and Navy.

But he didn't have any Power Five offers.

That changed, and in a surprising way, on Thursday.
Only recently has Boston College started to target players from the deep, deep South, down Anthony's way, and the Eagles are the first program from the major conference level to offer Anthony.

"I've been talking to one of their coaches for a couple of weeks now and he's just been chopping it up. I've talked to the head coach. They've told me they have everything they need. They just need some speed," Anthony said. "Today I got the good news coming out of my Spanish II class. They called me and offered. I thanked him and God for the opportunity."

Speed is the name of Anthony's game and the reason for the offers he has.

He said he has been clocked at 10.33 seconds in the 100 and has been clocked at 4.25 seconds in the 40.

Anthony had 15 receptions for 451 yards last fall, plus 1,600 all-purpose yards with a large portion of that coming on returns.

"I'm trying to go to school for computer science and they said they have a good organization for that, and told me a little bit about who's played at Boston College and who has gone on to become great there," Anthony said.

Anthony added that Louisville, Auburn, Stanford, and Vanderbilt are other Power Five programs showing interest.

"I'm going to take my official visits in June," Anthony said. "But as far as the recruiting process goes I'm just letting it go and breaking it down later, so I can learn and see the truth about teams and how I can help each organization."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News