Jake Reuse
Staff

spacer1.gif
1712597.jpg

Radi Nabulsi
spacer1.gif

Marshall

238 2 234
Three-star tight end Alex Marshall (Andover, Mass./Andover) didn't leave Dawg Night with the Georgia offer he was hoping to pick up, but it didn't diminish his takeaway from the school.

"This is really where I want to play my college ball," Marshall said. "At Georgia, it's a top program, and they're going to put you on the NFL level. I know that's where I want to be. With guys like Ben Watson and Coach (John) Lilly, I think it's just a great program, and I'm looking to be a part of that. I like the academics, as well. It's just great overall."

At 6-foot-7, 226 pounds, the Class of 2017 standout would certainly make a big target for the Bulldogs, and he's high on what Lilly could add to his game after last night's showcase.

"I'm definitely looking for a coach like Coach Lilly," Marshall said. "He's not that guy that's going to freak out at you, but, if you do something wrong, he's going to make sure you hear it. He's also big into technique, and I think I learned a lot tonight. I loved my experience at Dawg Night even though there were 700 kids there. It was a friggin mad house. I wish I'd gotten more one-on-one time with him, but what can you do? I'll be back down here. I loved it, and I loved Georgia. I'll be back to catch a game or something."

While coach and player weren't able to spend much quality time together, the Massachusetts native believes it won't be the last they see of each other.

"We were supposed to link up at 3:30 or something like that, but he was off at a coaches meeting or something like that," Marshall said. "He said he loved what he saw today. He didn't get the best chance to look at me, but I definitely think he liked what he saw. He's looking to see my tape from next year, and keep in contact. He's very interested."

Marshall is clearly interested as well.

"It would be very big," Marshall said. "I think an offer from Georgia would be one of my top schools. Who knows? You may even see me committing. They'd make my final cut, I'd say."

Related Links:

Top PriorityThe Latest on Elijah HolyfieldSimmons Talks Dawhg Night
Talk about it in The Dawgvent

Marshall continues to see his offer list expand, and Georgia isn't the last stop on his southern tour.
"With the offers I have, I'd say schools like Pitt, N.C. State, and Wake Forest are standing out," Marshall said. "I'm open to all the contact I can get (at Georgia). I'm always looking for new people. I love all the schools I have offers from now, and I'm looking to keep adding them up and find the best one for me. That's why I was down here, and I'm heading to Clemson. I'm looking for the best fit. Clemson and Georgia are two top schools for me, so I made this trip with my dad."

But what draws a native of the Northeast toward the South? It's simple, really.

"The weather!" Marshall said emphatically. "I'm done with the snow. I think we got like 20 feet last year, so I'm kind of sick of that. I'm trying to get out of there, so this is the perfect fit. It's not blazing hot, but it gives you that mild winter, as well. I think it's the perfect mix, and it's where I want to be for college."

1712599.jpg
spacer1.gif

- See more at: https://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1784167#sthash.3YWe0l9n.dpuf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News