ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Turner

EagleAlumni2222

All State
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2012
To me Turner is the most confusing figure on the team.

He was recruited over some other pretty big offers. He had a reputation of being able to defend and shoot and supposedly had a decent handle. He has been a decent defender but his shooting has been atrocious even when wide open and he is hesitant to create on offense. However, he is a solid free throw shooter which usually indicates a player who can drain open shots at a respectable rate. I can't decide if he is going to be a player who emerges either halfway through this season (or next) as he gets more comfortable or a player who will always leave me scratching my head. Right now, as many have pointed out, he seems comfortable on offense simply standing around until he is open for a shot or passing the ball off and making the safe pass. Even against UMass Lowell when we needed him to be the main option because we were so shorthanded he deferred to others. Did early season struggles destroy his confidence? Is it youth? Is he simply not that good? I can't decide.

However, he seems to have shown flashes of being capable of much more and JC seems intent on giving him major minutes which makes me think he shows more in practices.

What do you guys think his 4 years at BC will look like?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News