ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take to make the NITs?

The Other Flutie

All State
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
Long Island
That's a serious question. There's not a lot of decent bracketology information for the lesser tournament, because there are too many uncertainties. But what do folks' intuitions say? At the risk of touching the money too early, for the sake of this exercise I'll count GT as a win, which would make us 10-10 in conference and 16-15 overall. How many ACC tournament games would we then need to win? One win? Definitely not. Two wins? Nope. That would make us 18-16 overall, which just doesn't feel like enough. Three wins? I think that does it, but that's just pure maroon-colored optimism talking. It's so hard to forecast the NIT. A lot probably depends on KenPom or whatever strength measurement the NIT uses. We're 166 in KenPom now after Wake, but I don't have any sense of how much that ranking would move up if we were to rip off four games in a row. (Now one of you guys are going to tell me I'm on crack for even thinking about this and that we need to win the ACC tournament to have a post-season.)

Reactions: jfmBC and DereknNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News