ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the game in tATL live

BCMike2

All Region
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2006
I had the following take-aways....

1) The first 10 minutes of the first half were arguably the worst ten minutes of college basketball I have ever seen. Both sides were deplorable and laughably bad. Make no mistake these were two horrific teams slap-fighting each other.

2) Hanlan is scary good when he's on like he was today. Despite being doubled for most of the second half, he basically scored at will. Really a terrific player and it's an absolute shame we have surrounded him with garbage. Will quietly go down as one of the best we've ever had. Should really be getting more press for what he does and can do.

3) Unless we bring in a top 20 prospect next year somehow, this team is going to be the worst team in the history of Boston College basketball. I don't want to think what we'll look like without Hanlan. No one on the roster currently is remotely capable of even partially filling his shoes.

4) Dimitri Batten is an abject liability on both ends of the court. One could have a fun discussion trying to decide where he's a bigger liability. I'm leaning towards offense, but the defense is non-existent.....it's just such a tough call. Thank god he's only here for one year.

5) Aaron Brown didn't come to BC to pass. He came here to score. If it's not going to come by way of good shooting percentage, it's going to come by way of sheer attempts.

6) Brown had ice in his veins hitting those free throws. You may not have been able to tell on the TV how loud / intense the GT crowd got, but in that new stadium (which is super nice, btw), it was rocking at the end when GT made their big come back. Truly impressive FT conversion by him and Heckman before him.

7) In person, Jim Christian has a striking resemblance to Gru from Despicable Me.

Despicable-Me-2-14-inch-Talking--pTRU1-15119889dt.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News