ADVERTISEMENT

Update BC incoming Recruits

SeaCapTim

All State
Nov 29, 2005
I preface this report, with my thoughts, that York has focused on speedy recruits-which has served BC so well in the past many years.
1)Eeli Tolvanen (F)-28 goals 19 assists in 45 games with Sioux City in USHL. 9th leading scorer in the league. Finnish star player, who played very well in each World Junior tournament, including the most recent. listed at 5"10 inches and he puts himself in excellent shooting position, similar to Johnny Gaudreau Can pass as well. Left winger who likes coming off the right wing side. Will be an instant offensive threat.
2)Jacob Tortora (F) (USNDT-U-18 team)-14 goals 17 assists in 40 games.Right winger can fly as I watched some film on him. He reminded me of Gionta, with dazzling speed and acceleration. Reported to be playmaker, but looks like a scorer on film. 5"7" inch 162 out of New York. signed his letter of intent in Spring and will be here this Fall. Going to be a star, and playmaker.
3)Aaepeli Rasanen-6' 192 Centerman -Finish teammate of Tovlanen. Playmaker, but great instincts to get to the net. Great tournament at World Junior. 6 goals 18 assists in 33 games for Sioux City. BC grabbed him late. the scoring line needs to be adjusted for fewer games.
4)Michael Karow-Rising Defenseman with an NHL body at 6' 2" 206 pounds. BC pounced on him late and he committed right away. Two way defensman who is moving up the NHL projected draft list-rate d at 117 for US players. Heisenberg has him coming in 2018, but I think he is coming this Fall based on my research. BC needs his size, and skill. Turns 19 in December, but his body and skill is ready to play at this level. 2 goals 16 assists in 51 games for Youngstown of USHL.
5)Chris Grando 5'10" 160 forward with Green Bay of USHL, from Islip, New York. 9 goals 22 assists in 55 games. Another good player with good speed and hockey sense.
6)Logan Hutsko-USA U-18 Team, but only played 8 games before having to rehab a neck injury that shortened his previous season with USA-U-17 team. 5'9' kid with great speed and playmaking ability. Assuming he still comes in the Fall (which seems to be the case), he probably instantly create some havoc with his speed and intensity. May take a year to regain his offensive form.
7)Monte Graham-5' 10 inch from Hanover, played for Tri City of USHL, forward with 7 goals 15 assists in 53 games. Has very good speed.
8)Casey Carreau-Thayer Academy 1st team All State kid who has great speed to the outside. 5"10 inch 170 kid from Acushnet. Plays for Tony Amonte and skated with Ty Amonte who is going to BU. Carreau put up ridiculous numbers as Junior-34 goals. Possibility that York holds him back to play in the USHL for one season, so we will see what happens.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News