ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you and farewell

andy_backstrom

All State
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hey, everyone — today marks my final day as the publisher of Eagle Action. I’m taking on a new opportunity in sports journalism, but EA will be in most capable hands. Justin Rowland—who has been an excellent mentor to me—is continuing, and Rivals is adding a reporter who has covered BC and the regional scene closely.

It’s been both a pleasure and an honor to create content for you all since the summer of 2020. After graduating from BC, I still had an itch to write and report about BC Athletics, and Rivals made that possible with EA.

I’ve given this site everything I have the last few years. Through it all, it’s been wonderful to see how passionate you guys are about BC sports. Your enthusiasm made all the late nights writing and the many miles of travel for away games more than worthwhile. Regardless of wins/losses, there’s a community here, and that’s incredibly special.

I’m grateful for your readership and support. I’ll always remember my time covering my alma mater—first as a student journalist and then as a professional—and you guys were a big part of that.

So thank you, and God bless!

— Andy Backstrom, BC '20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News