Roundtable: When did they know?

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001
Roundtable: When did they know?

Justin Rowland
EagleAction.com Recruiting Analyst

Some recruits know where they want to go before they have any offers. Some know as very young children. Others are genuinely torn all the way up until the eleventh hour just before National Signing Day.

All of BC's current commitments must have been somewhat confident in their choice, because they committed early in the process. But when did they know they wanted to attend BC and what prompted the conclusion?

SCOOTER-HARRINGTON-140925-1.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

EagleAction.com: When did you start to think that you would probably end up at BC? Was it a gradual process or was there one moment you remember when it came to you? Did something prompt it?

Bryce Morais: I received several offers after the BC offer and was investigating those schools to learn more about them both educationally and athletically. Then I visited BC late in March and they treated me great and made me feel that I would be valuable to the football program. I also started doing research on BC and found out how strong they were academically and where the program was heading. Another reason for choosing BC was because they are a northeastern school that is now recruiting players in the south. This means they are looking to build diverse talent from around the country.

Brandon Barlow: My decision to go to Boston College was a gradual one; however, it was a school that I was very interested in right off the bat. As I had more visits to BC I felt more comfortable and found that I liked the environment more and more. I knew it was the place for me after watching their spring practice and touring the campus.

Max Richardson: It was a gradual process that took probably around two months from the time they offered me to the time I committed.

Christian McStravick: It was as a coach was giving me a tour of the school when I realized that BC was the place I wanted to be.

K.J. Gray: For some reason I feel like I was destined to be at BC. Both of my brothers during their pre-K year of school were in the class named 'Boston College.' It felt like I was being given a sign. Also, BC was my favorite visit. I feel that I was made to play in the ACC.

Scooter Harrington: My lifelong dream had always been to play at BC because I grew up going to the games and both my parents went there. I didn't want to rush into the decision but I feel I gathered information about a lot of schools and realized BC was the place for me.

Tom Kowalkoski: After my father and I visited BC I knew I wanted to play football and attend school there. We had a great visit. We got to know the coaching staff. Coach (Steve) Addazio and Coach (Justin) Frye have a great reputation for developing top offensive linemen and I wanted to be part of that tradition.

Adam Korutz: During my process I was very unsure about where I wanted to go between my top three schools - Northwestern, Army and BC. At the time I had already visited Northwestern and Army but not BC, and I wanted to make sure I visited before my decision. After my enjoyable visit at BC I weighed all my options and found that BC was the right place for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News