ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Recommendation Thread

bshay21

All Region
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
Lid's pivot in the resolution thread to books reminded me that there are always great ideas floating around many threads here. Inevitably, I think "wow, that sounds great" and then I forget. Maybe we can keep a focused thread of great books, movies, restaurants, etc. Maybe this thread dies a slow death. Maybe it ends up being a cross section of the best of 2022. I will kick off with a couple:

Fiction: Billy Summers by Stephen King. I love his stuff and came to him as an adult because I really don't get into his true horror stuff. But, the more supernatural, crime, etc based stuff is where he shines for me. And this one is very good.

Nonfiction: Flash Boys by Michael Lewis. This one didn't get a lot of pub at the time but it is one of the ones by him that I really like.

Movie: The Last Duel. Saw this last night. They will stop making these as big budget movies and spread this out in a 6 episode HBO story but it's tough to beat a movie with a great plot and an all time director. Fight at the end was fantastic.

TV show: Station 11. Still in the middle of it and, if you can handle a pandemic show, it's a cool take on it.

Hope to have a much better list of restaurants as we get out of this mess. I am, though, dying to get back to a place called Sze Chuan Cuisine in Chicago. One of the best (what this white guy imagines) authentic Chinese food meals I have ever had.

Anyway, plenty of very smart and well traveled folks kicking around the Eagles Nest. Hope to hear some good ideas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News