ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Hockey Festival

CMassFan

All State
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2003
From the NE Hockey Journal

Massachusetts-born players from each birth year fight for spots among the Final 40 players.
Those final 40 players will go head-to-head May 20-21 to make USA Hockey’s Select Player Development Camp and Goalie Development Camp.
Among the 40 for their age group are

Rian Chudzinski​

St. Sebastian’s, Dec. 2007, F, right shot, 5-10/143
Tournament jersey: 25 Gray

Chudzinski thoroughly surprised me this weekend. I wasn’t super familiar with the eighth grader from St. Sebastian’s, but after watching him Saturday, I was impressed. Chudzinski scored three goals throughout Saturday’s contest that were all centered around him using his hands and shiftiness to get to high-danger areas and snipe. His stick skills in tight enabled him to separate from defenders and his quick release got him to finish plays by lighting the lamp.

Ty Hymovitz​

Boston Junior Eagles, St. Sebastian’s, 2/13/2008, C, right shot, 5-11/155
Tournament jersey: 13 Gray

Hymovitz showcased himself as a strong, two-way center this weekend. He hustled hard on the backcheck. On the forecheck, he closed on defenders quickly when he was the F1 and positioned himself well and took away passing lanes when he was the F2 or F3. While some of his plays were broken up off the rush, he still drove play well. Hymovitz’s father, David, is the head coach at Thayer, runs the Boston Junior Eagles and played hockey professionally.

Casey Mutryn​

St. Sebastian’s, 2/1/2008, RW, right shot, 5-11/151
Tournament jersey: 16 Royal

Mutryn showed off his offensive creativity, setting up teammates and creating scoring chances in the offensive zone. He’s a strong skater with a high hockey IQ and that was on display this weekend, as he made the Final 40.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News