ADVERTISEMENT

Hit and run job

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
I am going to post my frustrated game thoughts and then I am staying away from here for a while. I am seething, and I will only contribute negatively in the coming days and weeks. I am going to vent once and take a break..anyways:

1. Wake at home the year before we moved to the ACC, GT in Ireland and today are the three BC openers that have made me question whether this is all worth it,

2. real ugly looking loss for Hafley. These are all his kids now, he had the better players at the skill positions, was at home was about a 10 point favorite over a team who is a rebuilding program without their starting qb, and rb, had a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter and completely melted down. That’s going to be a tough sell to recruits who were there and kids you are banging head to head with Rutgers for in NJ.

3. Blown timeouts, getting players on and off the field, illegal formations, illegal downfield, concentration penalties, fatigue. All signs of a poorly run operation.

4. And did they sing the offense a lullaby at halftime. That first possession of the second half set the tone. Incomplete bomb, sack, fumbled snap turnover on own 5 yard line. Hell of a job.

5. I am not one who when you miss a kick in the second quarter and then lose by 1, say if he made the kick we would have won by 2. Too many things happen in between. That said, the kick wasn’t close.

6. The Oline can’t hold blocks for more than a second, so why are we calling slow developing outside runs. How many times were there 3 DL in the running backs kitchen before he even got the ball.

7. usually when BC lets an inferior opponent hang around they pay for it, but when BC punted to the Rutgers 4, I said, I am still awreck, but the only way I thought we would lose is if we fell asleep like in Tally 2 years ago on the long bomb. I really didn’t see 12 plays straight up our ass for 96 yards with no resistances.

8. Remember there are a lot of returning guys on BC’s DL and LB core. Almost everyone of Rutgers OL was a transfer including a starting guard who played DL for us last year.

9. lot of ex BC guys, transfers on Rutgers roster, this has to feel so good for them.

10. speaking of transfers, hey Haf, there were a lot of OL and DL out this this past off-season. Haf..Hello. Anyone home.

11. Tem you have flashy stats about getting your yards per game down and points per game sliced, but your guys got put on skates when it mattered the most. Knocked on their ass like candlepins.

12. You know what’s a bad combination, an inept oline and a qb who has no sense of spacial awareness or pocket timing. He never sees, senses or feels the walls closing in on him, or where the closing wall was coming from. The first play of the game on O the cb blitz that led to a strip sack is a major hole in Jurk’s game.

13. Rutgers never panicked, even when they were down two scores they stuck with the program. They gutted it out. Hell of a win for them. Huge building block.

14. Sometimes learning to win, involves just learning not to beat yourself. After the first quarter when they seemingly had a penalty on every other play, Rutgers stayed out if their own way and let BC screw up.
15. Be well everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News