ADVERTISEMENT

Football Practice Notes Saturday 3-18

WINNINGEAGLE

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
In a concerted effort to keep up my masochist bona fides, I attended the spring football practice Saturday. In true BC fashion, they were supposed to have printed rosters for everyone, but did not. So, dealing with numbers only, here is my shot at notes:

Offense
QB1 is obviously Morehead. He looked pretty solid most of the day, but definitely needs work on his accuracy, especially to backs coming out of the backfield and other short routes.

QB2 is definitely Rueve. He and Morehead took about 80%-90% of the snaps. He, too, needs work on accuracy.

Delaportas is QB3 and Robinson is QB4. Very limited action for both; Robinson fumbled a perfect snap, but on the next play kept the ball on the option and had a long run. IIRC, that was the only designed QB run I saw all day.

OL1 was Trap-Conley-Kendall-Hergel-Bowry

OL2 was Taylor-Curatolo(65?)-Ness-Allick-The Serb; I think Allick may have played some C, as well

Overall, the OL looked pretty solid (hallelujah!), as the QB’s had time to throw for most of the practice; although the D was very basic, few, if any blitzes, etc.

RB1 appears to be Broome and he looked sharp; Garwo and Robichaux took a good amount of reps with the 1’s, as well; Barfield and Coleman took some reps with the 1’s later in the practice

TE1 Franklin and Ragan started out with the 1’s. I don’t believe Takacs was on the field today; pretty sure Taji Johnson took reps at TE, as well

Other TE – Holden Symonds stood out as clearly the largest TE (height and girth); Ragan looked pretty big, as well. Gordinier had a really nice catch

WR1 Tomlin, Keefe, Jaden Williams. Tomlin and Keefe popped; Joe Griffin was dressed, but did not participate

WR2 Bond, Reynolds, McLaughlin and Zamor ran mostly with the 2’s; Reynolds looked good

Defense
DL1 Appeared to be a combo of Stoudmire, EZ, Banks and Kwan Williams; pretty sure #4 got run at DL but don’t see a defensive #4 on the roster

DL2 Clemons, Tate, Kolenge, Rooks (had a nice block of a pass on a rush)

LB DePalma, Blackwell, McGowan, Crouch and Steele (pick 6) all got a lot of run; I think Arnold was out there for a limited time, as well

CB E Jones, Alex Washington, Cheek, Amari Jackson; Jalon Williams also got some run

S1 Victor Nelson, Jamareeh Jones; Jason Scott also played with the 1’s

S2 Lubischer, KP Price, Carter Davis, Josh Pupel (walk-on?)

May have missed them, but don’t remember seeing Batson, Khari Johnson or Hala

Miscellaneous
There were numerous bad snaps from all of the Centers to the QB’s all day, usually very low at the QB’s feet

Punters were Liam Connor and Candotti, both need a lot of work

No field goal work today

Punt returners were Amari Jackson (who fumbled a punt), Keefe and Jaden Williams

I’m sure I may have missed some kids who took snaps because of the no roster shitshow

……. That’s all folks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News