ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual Randolph and Mortimer Duke Contest

bshay21

All Region
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
With special addition of the annual what needs to break right.

JointFavorableDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

Record: 18-12

Tiebreaker 1: ACC Record 10-10

Tiebreaker 2:Leading Scorer: MAL

Tiebreaker 3: Amount 13.2 PPG

Tiebreaker 4: Post Blocks Per Game: 1.28

THREE (yes, three) THINGS WE NEED TO GO RIGHT.

Going to do it a little differently this year. I think this team really should make the very near bubble conversation at least come March 1. Here are five things I would like to see. If we get three, off we go!

1. Injuries. Finally got a little lucky last year with injuries. We need 30 games from 5 of the top 7 of the opening night rotation. Post has to be one of those five.
2. TJ does not start when the ACC schedule rolls around. This may seem counterintuitive because I am higher than most on him. But, I think Grant is, too. So, if he thinks Aligbe is that good AND pushes TJ into super sub/matchup guy, that is only good news.
3. Find someone other than MAL to take last shots. I'll admit, I am still scarred by the Miami game. To get to 10-10 in the ACC there will be a lot of games close with under a minute left. Need better creators and shot makers than last year. Hope it's Hand but we will see.
4. Have the 10 non Post minutes at center not be cataclysmically bad. Go small maybe? Maybe Mighty, Glock, etc can defend the rim and grab boards? Karnik was pretty good last year and the Post/Karnik Frankencenter the last dozen games was very good. Can't lose a lot of that.
5. Grant finds the rotation by game 10. Looking down the bench and seeing Kanye and JVB makes this job, easier. I think there are 10 guys who will probably think they deserve minutes. 10, 11 man rotations really are no good for anyone. Find 8 guys for the high leverage minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News